Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Leagueman32
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Feb 2014, 2:55 pm

Anyone here have a favorite movie intro dialogue or quote you want to share? Mine is from the Transformers movie from 2007:

Before time began, there was the Cube. We know not where it comes from, only that it hold the power to create worlds and fill them with life. That is how our race was born. For a time we lived in harmony, but like all great power, some wanted it for good, others for evil. And so began the war. A war that ravaged our planet until it was consumed by death, and the Cube was lost to the far reaches of space. We scattered across the galaxy, hoping to find and rebuild our home. Searching every star, every world. And just when all hope seemed lost, message of a new discovery drew us to an unknown planet called...Earth. But we were already too late. - Optimus Prime

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 3:42 pm

Tommy Lee Jones from No Country For Old Men.

"I was Sheriff of this county when I was 25 years old. Hard to believe."

Ray Liotta from Goodfellas.

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster. To me, being a gangster was better than being President of the United States."

George C. Scott's speech from Patton.

"Now I want you to remember that no b****** ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b****** die for his country."

Julie Andrews' song from The Sound of Music.

"The hills are alive with the sound of music. . ."

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 4:15 pm

I love Galadriel's prologue from "The Lord of the Rings"...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj139dE7tFI[/youtube]

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 4:31 pm

from DOGMA:

Nun: "Let me get this straight: you don't believe in God because of 'Alice in Wonderland'?"

Loki: "No, 'Through the Looking Glass.' That poem, 'The Walrus and the Carpenter,' that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha - or with his tusks, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do? What do they do? They, they dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensures the destruction of one's inner being. Organized Religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions, by inhibiting our decisions out of fear of some intangible parent figure who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says "Do it... do it and I'll effin' spank you."

Bartleby:
[listening from a nearby seat] "Oh, geez..."

Nun: "The way you put it... I never really thought about it like that before. What have I been doing with my life? What am I - "

Loki: "Yeah, I know. Listen, my advice to you: you take this money that you've been collecting for your parish, go get yourself a nice dress, you know? Fix yourself up. Find some man, find some woman, that you can connect with, even for a moment, 'cause that's really all that life is, Sister. It's a series of moments. Why don't you seize yours?"

[the nun hesitates, then smiles, nods, and leaves]

Loki: "That-a-girl! Ah."

Bartleby: "You know, here's what I don't get about you - you know for a fact that there is a God. You've been in his presence. He's spoken to you personally. Yet I just heard you claim to be an atheist."

Loki: "I just like to f**k with the clergy, man. I just love it, I love to keep those guys on their toes."

OnPorpoise
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Feb 2014, 4:35 pm

"Rosebud." Citizen Kane.

"I never knew the old Vienna before the war with its Strauss music, its glamour and easy charm. Constantinople suited me better. I really got to know it in the classic period of the black market. We'd run anything if people wanted it enough and had the money to pay. Of course a situation like that does tempt amateurs but, well, you know, they can't stay the course like a professional." The Third Man.

"My name is H. I. McDunnough... Call me Hi." Raising Arizona.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 3:56 pm

"People are always asking me if I know Tyler Durden." - Fight Club

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 8:13 am

"From the dawn of time we came; moving silently down through the centuries, living many secret lives, struggling to reach the time of the Gathering; when the few who remain will battle to the last. No one has ever known we were among you... until now." Highlander

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 6:46 am

Narrator from Armageddon:

"This is the Earth, at a time when the dinosaurs roamed a lush and fertile planet. A piece of rock just 6 miles wide changed all that. It hit with the force of 10,000 nuclear weapons. A trillion tons of dirt and rock hurtled into the atmosphere, creating a suffocating blanket of dust the sun was powerless to penetrate for a thousand years. It happened before. It will happen again. It's just a question of when."

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 5:32 pm

The opening song from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

The opening dialogue from The War of the Worlds.

"No one would have believed in the middle of the 20th Century that human affairs were being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than Man's. Yet, across the gulf of space on the planet Mars, intellects vast and cool and unsypathetic regarded our Earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely joined their plans against us. Mars is more than 140 million miles from the sun, and for centuries has been in the last status of exhaustion. At night, temperatures drop far below zero even at its equator. Inhabitants of this dying planet looked across space with instruments and intelligences that which we have scarcely dreamed, searching for another world to which they could migrate. Mars is more than 140 million miles from the sun, and for centuries has been in the last status of exhaustion. At night, temperatures drop far below zero even at its equator. Inhabitants of this dying planet looked across space with instruments and intelligences that which we have scarcely dreamed, searching for another world to which they could migrate. They could not go to Pluto, outermost of all planets. So cold, that even it's atmosphere lies frozen on it's surface. They couldn't go to Neptune, or Uranus. Twin worlds in eternal night and perpetual cold. Both surrounded by an unbreathable atmosphere of methane gas, and ammonia vapor. The Martians considered Saturn, an attractive world with it's many moons and beautiful rings of cosmic dust. But, it's temperature is close to 270 degrees below zero. And ice lies 15,000 miles deep on it's surface. Their nearest world was giant Jupiter, where there are titanic cliffs of lava and ice with hydrogen flaming at the tops, where the atmospheric pressure is terrible. Thousands of pounds to the square inch. They couldn't go there. Nor could they go to Mercury, nearest planet to the sun. It has no air, and the temperature at it's equator is that of molten lead."

AutisticGuy1981
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2014, 5:40 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCmWfb7bfxQ[/youtube]
Love this film

TheHermit
Raven
Raven

04 Apr 2014, 8:48 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQauJW09qRs[/youtube]

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 7:22 am

The narrator from Beauty and the Beast:

"Once upon a time, in a faraway land, a young prince lived in a shining castle. Although he had everything his heart desired, the prince was spoiled, selfish, and unkind. But then, one winter's night, an old beggar woman came to the castle and offered him a single rose in return for shelter from the bitter cold. Repulsed by her haggard appearance, the prince sneered at the gift and turned the old woman away. But she warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within. And when he dismissed her again, the old woman's ugliness melted away to reveal a beautiful enchantress. The prince tried to apologize, but it was too late, for she had seen that there was no love in his heart. And as punishment, she transformed him into a hideous beast and placed a powerful spell on the castle and all who lived there. Ashamed of his monstrous form, the beast concealed himself inside his castle, with a magic mirror as his only window to the outside world. The rose she had offered was truly an enchanted rose, which would bloom until his 21st year. If he could learn to love another, and earn her love in return by the time the last petal fell, then the spell would be broken. If not, he would be doomed to remain a beast for all time. As the years passed, he fell into despair and lost all hope. For who could ever learn to love a beast?"

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 8:36 am

AutisticGuy1981 wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCmWfb7bfxQ[/youtube]
Love this film

Everything sounds amazing when you have Morgan Freeman narrating it. :)

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 11:52 am

A Clockwork Orange

"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence."

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 12:10 pm

Transformers: The Movie

"There's an evil new force in the universe. A monster planet that devours everything in it's path.... and it's heading for the small planet of Cybertron where a unique race of transforming robots continue to fight a civil war.... A war between good and evil that has raged for millions of years. The evil Decepticon Transformers, lead by the maniacal Megatron, have sworn to crush their enemies, the Autobots. To this end, they have relentlessly pursued them across the galaxy from planet Cybertron to planet Earth and back again. But the heroic Autobot Transformers and their courageous leader Optimus Prime, are not easily defeated."

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 3:05 pm

*ahem*... I believe this is mandatory: