Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 4:18 pm

Just like Leagueman32's favorite movie intro dialogue thread, only for the ending lines instead.

Morgan Freeman from The Shawshank Redemption.

"I find I am so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."

Humphrey Bogart from Casablanca.

"Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

Gregory Peck triumphing over Robert Mitchum in Cape Fear.

"No. No! That would be letting you off too easy, too fast. Your words, do you remember? Well, I do! No. We're gonna take good care of you. We're gonna nurse you back to health. And you're strong, Cady. You're gonna live a long life - in a cage! That's where you belong. And that's where you're going. And this time, for life! Bang your head against the walls. Count the years, the months, the hours, until the day you rot!"

Sylvester Stallone winning in Rocky 2.

"Except for my kid being born, this is the greatest night in the history of my life. I just wanna say one thing to my wife, who's home: 'Yo, Adrian! I did it!'"

Christopher Lloyd from Back to the Future.

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Leonard Nimoy from Star Terk. (2009)

"Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Her ongoing mission, to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life-forms and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before."

Leagueman32
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Feb 2014, 5:17 pm

Well, i do like all the ending dialogues from the Transformers series:

Transformers (2007) - With the All Spark gone, we cannot return life to our planet. And fate has yielded its reward: a new world to call... home. We live among its people now, hiding in plain sight... but watching over them in secret... waiting... protecting. I have witnessed their capacity for courage, and though we are worlds apart, like us, there's more to them than meets the eye. I am Optimus Prime, and I send this message to any surviving Autobots taking refuge among the stars: We are here... we are waiting.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glMsrAOctdU[/youtube]

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Our races united by a history long forgotten and a future we shall face together. I am Optimus Prime and I send this message so that our pasts will always be remembered. For in those memories we live on.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_xWSZmHUV8[/youtube]

Transformers: Dark of the Moon - In any war, there are calms between storms. There will be days when we lose faith. Days when our allies turn against us. But the day will never come that we forsake this planet and it's people.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsueHBZ78UE[/youtube]

All three were said by Optimus Prime, live on Prime, live on :)

Last edited by Leagueman32 on 07 Feb 2014, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 7:03 pm

My favorite movie ending dialogue:

Scarlett: "Where shall I go? What shall I do?"

Rhett: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

This quotation was voted the number one movie line of all time by the American Film Institute in 2005. It was spoken by Gable, as Rhett Butler, in his last words to Scarlett O'Hara. The line is memorable not only because it contains profanity, but also because it demonstrates that Rhett has finally given up on Scarlett and no longer cares what happens to her.

Source: Wikipedia

luanqibazao
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 7:23 pm

"All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup."

Sunset Boulevard

"You finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

Planet of the Apes

"James, how the hell do we get those diamonds down again?"

Diamonds Are Forever

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 6:52 am

Tom Hanks from Apollo 13:

"Our mission was called 'a successful failure,' in that we returned safely but never made it to the moon. In the following months, it was determined that a damaged coil built inside the oxygen tank sparked during our cryo stir and caused the explosion that crippled the Odyssey. It was a minor defect that occured two years before I was even named the flight's commander. Fred Haise was going back to the moon on Apollo 18, but his mission was cancelled because of budget cuts; he never flew in space again. Nor did Jack Swigert, who left the astronaut corps and was elected to Congress from the state of Colorado. But he died of cancer before he was able to take office. Ken Mattingly orbited the moon as Command Module Pilot of Apollo 16, and flew the Space Shuttle, having never gotten the measles. Gene Kranz retired as Director of Flight Operations just not long ago. And many other members of Mission Control have gone on to other things, but some are still there. As for me, the seven extraordinary days of Apollo 13 were my last in space. I watched other men walk on the Moon, and return safely, all from the confines of Mission Control and our house in Houston. I sometimes catch myself looking up at the Moon, remembering the changes of fortune in our long voyage, thinking of the thousands of people who worked to bring the three of us home. I look up at the moon and wonder, when will we be going back, and who will that be?"

Tobey Maguire from Seabiscuit:

"You know, everybody thinks we found this broken-down horse and fixed him, but we didn't. He fixed us. Every one of us. And I guess in a way we kinda fixed each other too."

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 12:04 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2qbqDcA1o0[/youtube]

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 12:51 pm

Kurt Russell from Miracle:

"Two days later the miracle was made complete. My boys defeated Finland to win the gold medal, coming from behind once again. As I watched them out there, celebrating on the ice, I realized that Patti had been right. It was a lot more than a hockey game, not only for those who watched it, but for those who played in it. I've often been asked in the years since Lake Placid what was the best moment for me. Well, it was here - the sight of 20 young men of such differing backgrounds now standing as one. Young men willing to sacrifice so much of themselves all for an unknown. A few years later, the U.S. began using professional athletes at the Games - Dream Teams. I always found that term ironic because now that we have Dream Teams, we seldom ever get to dream. But on one weekend, as America and the world watched, a group of remarkable young men gave the nation what it needed most - a chance, for one night, not only to dream, but a chance, once again, to believe."

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 4:24 pm

I will never forget these 3:

- Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) - "*SCREEEAAAM*"
- Memento (2000) - "Now... Where was I?"
- The Usual Suspects (1995) - "And like that... He's gone."

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 4:50 pm

Roy's farewell in 'Blade Runner'

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.

Time to die."

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 3:39 am

This is one of my favorite endings too, and the background music by Vangelis also adds to the atmosphere.

Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:
Roy's farewell in 'Blade Runner'

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.

Time to die."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_saUN4j7Gw[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgcAbJ_cuQI[/youtube]

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 6:16 pm

Naked Lunch.

Bill Lee: "It's time for our William Tell routine."
Joan: "Alright, Bill."
Gun shot. Joan falls dead, the glass she had placed on her head unbroken.
Bill Lee: "Joan..."
Guard One: (to a crying Bill Lee) "Welcome to Annexia."
Guard two: "Yes, welcome to Annexia."

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 3:33 pm

Sarah Conner at the end of Terminator 2

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 5:04 am

Dilios' rousing speech at the end of 300:

"And so my king died, and my brothers died, barely a year ago. Long I pondered my king's cryptic talk of victory. Time has proven him wise, for from free Greek to free Greek, the word was spread that bold Leonidas and his three hundred, so far from home, laid down their lives. Not just for Sparta, but for all Greece and the promise this country holds. Now, here on this ragged patch of earth called Plataea, Xerxes's hordes face obliteration! Just there the barbarians huddle, sheer terror gripping tight their hearts. . . with icy fingers. . . knowing full well what merciless horrors they suffered at the swords and spears of three hundred. Yet they stare now across the plain at ten thousand Spartans commanding thirty thousand free Greeks! The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Greek. This day we rescue a world from mysticism and tyranny and usher in a future brighter than anything we can imagine. Give thanks, men, to Leonidas and the brave 300! TO VICTORY!"

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 3:44 pm

Christian Bale from American Psycho

"There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it, I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone; in fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant.... nothing."

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

TheMighty_Moo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Mar 2014, 12:18 am

An incredibly awesome one from Se7en.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote,' The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.'
I agree with the second part."

Moo approves!

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2014, 5:02 pm

The cast of dead characters in the 2012 Les Misérables singing a reprise of Do You Hear the People Sing?