so I'm building a robot need some help

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

robauto
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Feb 2014, 9:39 pm

About 6 months ago a health insurance company gave me a small amount of funding to create a robot that could help teens and adults to communicate. Rather than therapy we want to see if in some cases those with autism would like to have a personal robot to help them as well as challenge them via the actual engineering. Long story short we came up with something with the help of lots of different people and now we need some feedback on things like what kind of sounds it should make, colors, lights, personality, etc. Would love some help. I have put everything I have into this project and I just need a little more support and input from everyone and we will be able to get some funding to provide these robots to people to use, work on, learn from and just have fun with. Either leave a comment or email me back at jhartman (at) robauto.co or check it out here. It won't let me post a link but you can email me or go to Kickstarter and search for 'ONE robot'

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 10:52 pm

Can't speak to personality, but sounds, lights and colors should be user customizable. There is no one right thing for every autistic person. Color could be done by having external panels that are easily detached and swapped out with correctly colored panels.

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 9:42 am

I don't suppose Brent Spiner would let you use his likeness...

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

robauto
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Feb 2014, 11:27 am

Ha ha thanks I will reach out to Brent to see what he says.