The old say goes Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned

Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 6:02 pm

But isn't Hell Hath No Fury Like A Man Scorned more accurate?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 7:28 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

I remember a history lecture in which my professor said:

A Greek "marriage ceremony" meant an adult man, at night, would abduct and rape a young female child, and name her his wife. Women were also restricted by the patriarchy in their freedoms. The women did not like this of course, however, they could not do anything to the men.

So to get their revenge, they told stories to the male children about all the evil, female mythological Greek creatures and how they punished men for the bad deeds they did. They did this to instill the fear of "female vengeance" into these young boys. The "fury" is one of those creatures.

So, perhaps, "Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned" is a needed reminder to men of "female vengeance" so that men do not do bad deeds.

Note: Knife used to cut off Mr. Bobbitt's weenie.

Note: Monju Begum, Bangladeshi Woman, Cuts Penis Off Of Man Who Tried To Rape Her With this...

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 8:10 pm

Yeah but what about men who set women on fire just because they are angry about something? Or chop them up with knives? Men are much more likely to murder and dismember. That phrase is out of touch with reality. Either gender is capable of going all out psycho but men do more murdering and hurting. It's a proven fact. That's why that phrase is utter nonsense. A glaring untruth if there ever was.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 8:29 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq-tyO-oFmE[/youtube]

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 8:35 pm

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/179300.html

William Congreve wrote:

As you'll answer it, take heed
This Slave commit no Violence upon
Himself. I've been deceiv'd. The Publick Safety
Requires he should be more confin'd; and none,
No not the Princes self, permitted to
Confer with him. I'll quit you to the King.
Vile and ingrate! too late thou shalt repent
The base Injustice thou hast done my Love:
Yes, thou shalt know, spite of thy past Distress,
And all those Ills which thou so long hast mourn'd;
Heav'n has no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn'd,
Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 9:52 pm

I am going to watch Ty;er Perry's Aunt Medea dvds all day for Valentine's Day. Can't wait!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 10:26 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

No.

Women get angry ... men get even ...

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 11:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

No.

Women get angry ... men get even ...

Women get even, too. Like the Bobbitt lady. She got even with her husband by severing his penis. Women do not have a penis to cut off, obviously. Men do other things like kick, hit, or punch. They might even shoot or stab, and statistics say they do it more frequently to both women and other men. Sooo, you see. Hell hath no fury like a man scorned! Remember that next time you watch the evening news and hear about some dude shooting or stabbing.

Hell hath no fury like an emotional human scorned o O

It does sound a little less poetic.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 2:35 am

I had a friend many years ago whose husband broke her nose, so she made him a dog food pie. :lol:

He ate it as well :eew:

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 10:08 am

Generally speaking, women are much emotionally expressive than men. As a result, their anger often manifests in ways that could even make hardened soldiers balk. It may take a lot for some women to reach that point, but when they do...you should truly be prepared for uncontrolled chaos. If a woman has bottled her negative feelings up for a long time, that proverbial "cork" will fly through the air like a bullet from a gun. Lorena Bobbit didn't just castrate her husband because he cheated; the guy abused her relentlessly, and she got fed up.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 12:07 pm

The saying presupposes the man cares, that the woman is reasonably compliant, and that the relationship is normally a functional one.

Any person, including women, can be driven past the point of madness at which her own well-being no longer matters. A less forceful man who has royally screwed up (and knows it) will catch all kinds of hell initially, and it seems she's unlikely to let the matter go any time soon.

The Bible says it's better for a man to live on the corner of his roof than with a contentious wife. This very idea led me to break things off with my former fiancée. She always made me feel guilty for, well, whatever it was, and her answer for everything was "oh, things will get better if…" "If…" refers to whatever the next stage of our relationship happened to be, which led up to us getting engaged. So she said, "oh, but things will get better once we get married…" I was like, um, NO. Because there's nothing after marriage as far as I'm concerned. And I'm so frickin' tired of changing for you.

I'm not a perfect man, I don't get everything right, and my wife and I do have disagreements. It's just we've perfected the art of "getting over it." Just speaking from my own experience here, I've rarely observed women to be easily so forgiving and understanding. The men I know generally keep quiet when they disagree, and we generally bond in some bizarre way the rare times we do come to blows over things. With women, it's like "Here, hold my earrings and my shoes," and the next thing you know there's hair/weave and blood all over the place, and they won't be on speaking terms afterwards. They hold grudges in the extreme.

My dad was mentally/verbally abusive. My mom did everything she was told because she was scared of him. That all changed when he had an affair. Now all of a sudden my mom had LEVERAGE. My parents never split, largely because of how scared she was of what he'd do if she left, but not a day went by she didn't make him pay for it. He had to deal with that for the remainder of his life, and I'm certain the only relief he got was when he died.

I think the fury of a woman is much worse, and not because of all those Bobbitt-style situations, but because the fury of a woman is death by a thousand small cuts. It is slow, it is painful, and it is totally avoidable.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 2:43 pm

A lot of popular songs by women seem to have anger (at men) as their theme

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA4iX5D9Z64[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C6xDjQ66wM[/youtube]

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 3:19 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
Generally speaking, women are much emotionally expressive than men. As a result, their anger often manifests in ways that could even make hardened soldiers balk. It may take a lot for some women to reach that point, but when they do...you should truly be prepared for uncontrolled chaos. If a woman has bottled her negative feelings up for a long time, that proverbial "cork" will fly through the air like a bullet from a gun. Lorena Bobbit didn't just castrate her husband because he cheated; the guy abused her relentlessly, and she got fed up.

Women are a lot calmer and cooler than men. I watch Discovery I.D. channel a lot and you'd be surprised at how many women have chosen to kill their spouse or hospital patients with arsenic or cyanide. That takes cunning and patience. It's not like grabbing a knife in the heat of the moment and stabbing. Women are far more likely to use poison than men. That doesn't sound overly emotional to me.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 3:23 pm

DAILY DOSE OF MALE FURY

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIuAz7aryo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3d7QgZr7g&feature=kp[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smiMQcAbqkA[/youtube]

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 3:37 pm

babybird wrote:
I had a friend many years ago whose husband broke her nose, so she made him a dog food pie. :lol:

He ate it as well :eew:

Probably didn't know what was in it ;)

When I think of fury it's somebody exploding and just totally losing it, not patiently waiting for the right moment to strike and then doing so covertly. That's not fury, that's strategy and ambush.
That's why the saying sounds more like projection from a male onto a female.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 3:51 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Any person, including women, can be driven past the point of madness at which her own well-being no longer matters. A less forceful man who has royally screwed up (and knows it) will catch all kinds of hell initially, and it seems she's unlikely to let the matter go any time soon.
Absolutely, because women generally remember much more than men. Marriage speaker Mark Gungor put it this way: "When you connect an event in your life to an emotion, it burns that event into your memory, and you can recall it forever."

Quote:
The Bible says it's better for a man to live on the corner of his roof than with a contentious wife. This very idea led me to break things off with my former fiancée. She always made me feel guilty for, well, whatever it was, and her answer for everything was "oh, things will get better if…" "If…" refers to whatever the next stage of our relationship happened to be, which led up to us getting engaged. So she said, "oh, but things will get better once we get married…" I was like, um, NO. Because there's nothing after marriage as far as I'm concerned. And I'm so frickin' tired of changing for you.
To most women, marriage is far more than a contract; it's a covenant. When she realizes her man has willingly chosen to remain with her for life, her emotions skyrocket because in her heart, love is more a continual example than just words.

Quote:
I'm not a perfect man, I don't get everything right, and my wife and I do have disagreements. It's just we've perfected the art of "getting over it." Just speaking from my own experience here, I've rarely observed women to be easily so forgiving and understanding. The men I know generally keep quiet when they disagree, and we generally bond in some bizarre way the rare times we do come to blows over things. With women, it's like "Here, hold my earrings and my shoes," and the next thing you know there's hair/weave and blood all over the place, and they won't be on speaking terms afterwards. They hold grudges in the extreme.
Women tend to believe that men are only after their bodies, because in many cases its true. Every rational man's most basic interest in a woman is sexual, and they're fully aware of that fact.

Quote:
My dad was mentally/verbally abusive. My mom did everything she was told because she was scared of him. That all changed when he had an affair. Now all of a sudden my mom had LEVERAGE. My parents never split, largely because of how scared she was of what he'd do if she left, but not a day went by she didn't make him pay for it. He had to deal with that for the remainder of his life, and I'm certain the only relief he got was when he died.
No offense intended, but it sounds like your Dad got what he deserved. Any man who abuses a woman should be kicked in the jewels...repeatedly.

Quote:
I think the fury of a woman is much worse, and not because of all those Bobbitt-style situations, but because the fury of a woman is death by a thousand small cuts. It is slow, it is painful, and it is totally avoidable.
In relationships, the best way to avoid a woman's wrath is to respect them, even when we don't feel like it. If she attacks or demeans us, that's another story...but God placed us in charge as guardians, not taskmasters.