Group Projects 22%  22%  [ 15 ]
Math Tests 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Other (If you choose this post your answer) 29%  29%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 69

KRIZDA88
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Feb 2007, 4:36 pm

Okay, I'm new here but I was wondering if other people shared some of the same dislikes about highschool as I did. Some could be ASperger's realated or maybe it's just me :D but I thought it would be cool to find out.

-Bigfoot IS blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer?s
fault. He's a large, out-of-focus monster, and that's extra scary to me.

-If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Feb 2007, 4:42 pm

rehtoric, public speaking. i couldnt tell you how much i hated that class. AND you had to have a credit in it to graduate. wich means i didnt. thats how much i hated it

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 4:46 pm

Group projects.

Ignition_Cognition
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Feb 2007, 4:49 pm

Don't make me choose! :lol:

My least favourite thing was EVERYTHING!

Aspiegirl89
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2007, 4:51 pm

GROUP PROJECTS!! !

For me, it was one of two scenarios:

1) You know about the topic so you basically do the whole thing yourself while the other four "group members" doodle as you rattle off every fine detail of the subject ;^)

OR

2) You watch intently as the other folk talk about what they might do, add a small "Yes" "No" or "I don't know" to the conversation, and end up doing the AV stuff for the presentation.

Group projects were always uncomfortably close quartered as well; the teacher has every group sequester themselves from the other groups as to focus, but it becomes tigtly squeezed and easy to touch people by mistake and it often lead to awkward situations/chit chat (I hate chit chat...lol).

~AG89~

Emoal6
Toucan
Toucan

12 Feb 2007, 5:04 pm

I chose school dances cause I got talked into going to one when I was in freshman year. I couldnt stand all the CRAPPY lights and decor, the music choice wasnt that great(we're talking nsync and stuff), and really, I was hated by most people in that highschool so it was like a death trap waiting to happen. I spent most of the time outside of the gym in the hallway drinking punch and eating cookies. It was like, why am I here? My friends set me up with a decent looking girl too, but I just couldnt deal with the whole idea of spending money to dance and be around people you hate/they hate you.

The only cool thing was that next day(we all spent the night at my buddy's house), we all went to denny's in a school bus! That was cool.

Ignition_Cognition
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Feb 2007, 5:18 pm

I actually didn't mind most group projects, I just sat and listened to the rest of my group discuss everything then leave them to get on with it. :lol: I was just ignored for most of it, which suits me fine.

Working in a pair used to suck, because it'd usually be me that ended up doing all the work. Luckily it was very rare to have to do that.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Feb 2007, 5:45 pm

I hated everything about high school except getting high. Phys Ed. was the worst of it,
except for calisthenics. (When done alone they feel like "stimming"). I was always aloof
and alone. I excelled in taking Math & Science exams, but not in doing any classwork.
Group activities I avoided like the plague. I learned how to fake my way out of most group
projects. The last two years of high school I very much left alone.All this was over 30 years
ago. :|

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 5:50 pm

group projects

1. the people typically have a lack-a-daisical way about them and couldn't care less about the project. as hard as i try to make them care, they give me the:

rolling eyes

what? look

or my personal favorite: i'm smiling and shaking my head but i have no clue what you're talking about and couldn't care less.

2. all of the work is not divided evenly.

3. basic social interaction with people who annoy me.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

KRIZDA88
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Feb 2007, 6:00 pm

tinky wrote:
group projects

1. the people typically have a lack-a-daisical way about them and couldn't care less about the project. as hard as i try to make them care, they give me the:

rolling eyes

what? look

or my personal favorite: i'm smiling and shaking my head but i have no clue what you're talking about and couldn't care less.

2. all of the work is not divided evenly.

3. basic social interaction with people who annoy me.

Amen to that. I hate them because usually for the first minute everyone sits and stares at eachother mindlessly until I get sick of it and figure that if I don't take over then nothing will get done. I don't like taking the initiative in these situations but I'm more worried about my grade on the project so I take over anyway. I used to get stuck with all the work but anymore I try to delegate as much as possible, but if the people aren
t doing their part I will prolly end up doing their job for the sake of my grade. The only time group work is fun is when you are grouped with friends or people you work well with, but that's relatively rare.

-Bigfoot IS blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer?s
fault. He's a large, out-of-focus monster, and that's extra scary to me.

-If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?

ChatBrat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 6:06 pm

I chose "other" because the worst part of high school for me was giving oral book reports and anything having to do with getting up in front of the class and speaking. Actually what I hated worse than that was not having any close friends.

edited for spelling and grammatical errors

out of control, & at times
hard to handle.
But if you can't handle
me at my worst,
then you sure as hell
don't deserve me
at my best.
-Marilyn Monroe

Last edited by ChatBrat on 12 Feb 2007, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CTCD
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2007, 6:15 pm

Hmmmm.....everything!

Okay really

1. Gym

2. Everyone who's not a teacher

paranoid_android
Toucan
Toucan

12 Feb 2007, 6:39 pm

Being forced to take advanced English every year. It bored me to tears but was required to get into university.
I might have picked dances, but I never actually went to them so I can't say for sure. Same with group projects. I can't actually remember anything that I did with more than a single partner and even those are rare. Phys. Ed wasn't too bad since I'm somewhat athletic; it was just the idiots in the class that bothered me. On the other hand, I find math tests quite fun.

matt271
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 6:44 pm

a tie between getting up early in the mornning and taking bs classes like "family living"

BeautyWithin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Feb 2007, 7:13 pm

Group projects were the worst because I always ended up doing the entire thing. I hated that.
Every year, I got out of phys ed by getting a 'permanent' written excuse from my doctor.... so that wasn't much of a problem for me.

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 7:18 pm

I loved my Botany and Zoology class!