Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kizzyDeSilva
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Feb 2014, 7:47 pm

HI I have been thinking about coming onto a forum like this for a while. As I was diagnosed with Aspergers about ten years ago. I often feel lonely as if I botch friendships up or we just think differently about what a friend is. I thought I might find peeps on here who understood what it is like to be the odd one out. I get tired of trying to explain who I am. If I dare to tell anyone that i have Aspergers they mostly say:' I think they made a mistake in diagnosing you'. HI to everyone it looks like an interesting forum and I can definitely relate. Thanks for reading!

Falconesque
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Feb 2014, 8:12 pm

Welcome. I'm not diagnosed but after educating myself on what Aspgerger means, it started to explain a lot of stuff going back to when I was a child, like a brain explosion of realisation. So here I am. I get the same dismissal as you. Well, hope you enjoy your time here.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 8:20 pm

Welcome :)

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 8:20 pm

Hi, Welcome to Wrong Planet! :bigsmurf: :jester: :sunny:

I tend to have my A-level skills sociallly, and then my energy slumps and it's my C-level skills.

I am self-diagnosed and comfortably so. And when I have disclosed to people that I'm probably on the spectrum, it generally has not been well received. I want to start experimenting with just the general idea that autism is a spectrum, and basically let them take it from there. And if they directly ask me, perhaps I'll say, sure, I might be.

Hart
Toucan
Toucan

09 Feb 2014, 11:15 pm

Welcome :D

"If you're not actively involved in getting what you want, you don't really want it."
- Peter MC Williams

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 4:58 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

kizzyDeSilva

14 Feb 2014, 6:29 pm

Thanks for your replies and welcomes. XXXX

Future_Perfect
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2014, 9:04 pm

Hello, always nice to see more people from England.

rurufu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Feb 2014, 3:52 am

Hi kizzyDeSilva! I can relate to what you've said. You're not alone. But hey! I found a friend here and it's very nice to talk to someone who ticks like oneself. Enjoy the stay!

kizzyDeSilva

13 Mar 2014, 8:07 pm

Thanks Good to hear from you all.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 9:45 pm

Welcome to WP. :D

Volleyball4
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Mar 2014, 9:37 pm

Hey I am new on here to and get that all the time to, people saying " I think they diagnosed you wrong" It gets really annoying. Also think its really cool your from England, always have wanted to visit there. :)

kizzyDeSilva

15 Mar 2014, 9:43 pm

Thanks daydreamer and Volleyball. I have always wanted to visit US too. I have some friends from another forum in the US and hope to visit one day. I have to save up lots of dollars though that is the big issue. Its good to be in touch. x

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2014, 12:26 am

Hello! A warm welcome to you from across the pond! I have very fond memories of England. I managed to hop over there twice, in April 2008 and May 2009, to visit a former lady love. Even braving the flights was an adventure itself. But the nerves were worth it. Truly unforgettable experience. I didn't mind the damp days and general quick changing weather (I'm fascinated by that stuff anyway). We had plenty of sunshine too. Saw plenty of wonderful places. My breath was taken away more times than I can count. Also, I think it was during this time I first even heard of Aspergers. My ex -special someone counseled Aspie students. I didn't put two-and-two together then. The light bulb went off a couple years later when officially diagnosed.
Well I hope you enjoy your time here at WP :D

kizzyDeSilva

16 Mar 2014, 5:46 am

HI SoftlySpeaks really good to hear that you came over the pond to good old Blighty lol!! !! I am amazed in the same way about scenes of US that I see on TV and in paintings. I am totally confused about the amount of space that you peeps have and marvel at how even your smallest town sits large with a huge wide road down the middle. If you have visited England and tried to drive there I think you will know what i mean. I loved watching a fantastic film about Yellow stone park it was so so good. I am an inverterate tv watcher though and love the four walls of my home. I would love to visit friends and see a bit of US but I want to have enough money so that I can stay in b and bs and visit for short periods of time. Just to make sure peeps only see my best side and not my stressed side lol. thanks for your input lovely to hear from you. x

Volleyball4
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Mar 2014, 3:34 pm

What other forums do you go on?