Are there any architecture students here?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

liquidice
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Feb 2007, 5:44 pm

Just wanted to know if there are any 19 yearolds in this forum that do architecture?

just wanted to know how well its going for them? :?:

chipmunk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2007, 7:57 pm

When I was 19, I was an architecture student (I'm 38 now). I had such a hard time with making the little scale models that I ended up changing my major to political science, which is what my degree is in. Now, looking back, I totally wish I wouldn't have given it up.

liquidice
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Feb 2007, 5:47 am

i like the theory and the articulatcy of architecture, but tedious crap, like model making and having to visit pointless galleries about WW2 just soooooo boring, which has nothing to do with architecture......

I can see why you chose political science, thats actually my interest as well, iv recently been drawn to the politics towards the middle east and the psycho-warfare Ahmadinijad and Bush are having.

Last edited by liquidice on 13 Feb 2007, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chipmunk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2007, 3:03 pm

I also love the theory and I couldn't wait to go to those classes. It was just those little models that drove me totally insane!

I did enjoy political science. I had some really good, interesting professors who had been all around the world and had first hand knowledge of what they were teaching - much more than we could have gotten from textbooks!