Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 3:58 am

At staying organised in a general every day sense (not as in organising my collections, I can do that just fine), I keep getting distracted or forgetting to do things that need to be done, am always running late lately, forget to wash my clothing out if I need it the next day and so on.....

Anyone else have simliar problems?

Good god for someone so bright academically I am walking ditzy disaster in other ways.

Good job I can humour myself really otherwise I'd drive myself insane.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 4:06 am

if its always been like that then are probably right brain dominant rather than left.
the left hemisphere dominant has a strong need for order,predictibility and routine whilst the right hemisphere dominant is more random,creative,scatterbrained,less in need of a routine and not affected so much by change.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 4:09 am

im totally like that.
Even with everything set up, lined up and spelled out, I always screw up and forget something,
or do something wrong or out of sequence.

Norepinephrine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Feb 2014, 6:49 am

KingdomOfRats wrote:
if its always been like that then are probably right brain dominant rather than left.
the left hemisphere dominant has a strong need for order,predictibility and routine whilst the right hemisphere dominant is more random,creative,scatterbrained,less in need of a routine and not affected so much by change.

That's actually a popular misconception.

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 6:55 am

Try getting one of those small whiteboards that some folk hang in their kitchens. Make a list of stuff to do for the next day and just wipe 'em off when they're done.

Any remaining tasks will nag at you each time you walk past the board (been there, done that).

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 7:01 am

Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:
Try getting one of those small whiteboards that some folk hang in their kitchens. Make a list of stuff to do for the next day and just wipe 'em off when they're done.

Any remaining tasks will nag at you each time you walk past the board (been there, done that).

That´s a good idea, I tried something like this and it helped me a lot. If you don´t want to buy a whiteboard you also can hang a sheet of paper on the wall with the list of tasks you have to do. If you have done one task, you can cross it out.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 9:05 am

I have to keep a To Do list every day, and I check it all the time, otherwise I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing from one moment to the next either.

I've tried planning out my day and making strict schedules, but I can't follow through to save my life, and just end up getting frustrated and upset. So the best I can do is make a list of what I would theoretically like to get done, and if I actually manage to do any of it, that's an accomplishment! :P

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 2:37 pm

I have Executive Malfunctioning.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 2:44 pm

Yeah, I fail at keeping myself organized with daily things.