Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

mariiha
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Feb 2007, 6:03 pm

Not sure what I am. I have not been dx'd but knew I had a 'different' view of the world when I was 3. I was very withdrawn playing by myself in my own zone, did not like (and still don't) social events, verbal communication skills very limited (that fuzzy, blurry feeling), banging my head against the wall, rocked back and forth and have always had imaginary friends. My mother took me to a doc when I was 3 after realizing my personality was not progressing to social standards. Funny, I do not remember that visit at all but remember multitudes of other things around that age. Do not even know what the doctor said but according to my mom, he blamed my father for not spending any time with me...all I know is that was the only vist I ever had.
Has been very difficult but I am fairly creative which enables me to pretend. That helps me get through most of the demands from the 'normal' world. The norms really cannot understand what it is like...snap out of it or take control of your life is their attitude...yeh, right, if only it were so simple....
Being a child with this mind placement is hard enough but it just doesn't stop there when the child turns into an adult. Actually, it gets more difficult because we are reqeusted to be responsible and mature. What a paradox! I prefer animals and nature over people dealings any ole day.
Took a online test for IQ which also revealed the dominant side of my brain. MOST people are either left or right sided but not me...my brain according to this test is balanced and 6 out of 1,000 people are in this category. What is that about? 8O
Sorry, if you read this far, it was not my intend to talk your eyes out but it is so refreshing to finally find there are others out their with similiar lives! Thank you!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 6:06 pm

Welcome to WP from a fellow Texan!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

liquidice
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Feb 2007, 6:06 pm

welcome, im new as well, i think this is a good place

Vegasadelphia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2007, 6:22 pm

Hola, welcome, howdy, wassup, etc, etc, etc.....

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 7:27 pm

Hi mariiha, welcome to WP!

alex
Developer
Developer

12 Feb 2007, 7:30 pm

welcome!

BubbaHoTep
Toucan
Toucan

12 Feb 2007, 9:38 pm

Greetings from Austin, Texas and welcome to WP!!

AspieDoug
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Feb 2007, 3:45 pm

Greetings from San Antonio. :D Your story sounds very familiar. I think you will like it here.

mariiha
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Feb 2007, 5:34 pm

All these years I've tried in vain to get my hands on the instruction manual of life but the more forums postings I read the more grounded and secure I feel for all of us. Maybe we are different but who wants vanilla ice all the time? Spice is the variety of life! :jester: