Parents give their Autistic teen surgery to shut him up

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 6:21 pm

Drehmaschine wrote:
I have to agree on this. Waiting for them to bring back the leucotomy now.

otherwise known as prefrontal lobotomy, a butcher's procedure applied to human beings.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 6:28 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I think this has been posted before or is it another story and the family did the same thing this other family did to their autistic teen?

Yeah.

I thought this sounded familiar too.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 6:39 pm

Drehmaschine wrote:
Verdandi wrote:
It is fairly popular for parents to at least request surgery for their disabled children to make life easier for the parents. This is why, for example, Ashley X was subjected to rather invasive procedures to effectively halt her growth.

Right now my inclination is to view this as something like what was done to Ashley X or what Katie Thorpe's mother wants to do to Katie Thorpe. Or the autistic man whose teeth were removed Essentially, surgically altering disabled people to make life easier on parents and carers.

I am dubious that this was the best, most humane solution. I am fairly certain it was the most expedient.

I have to agree on this. Waiting for them to bring back the leucotomy now.

When I first read this post ending the comments about sensory overload I immediately got upset because I thought that they were shutting down the boys ability to communicate because they didn't like it or they thought it was too loud or embarrassing and wanted to make her kid look normal to be able to drag him into what for him might be sensory hell i'm not realizing that her son was doing this as the ability to cope and needed help coping with the situation .

But this might not be the case and his screaming could be like seizures and to hidden be like a constant headache or constantly having the hiccups .

Either of these might be the case but until we hear from the boy himself we will never know.

For me although I do have meltdowns in those situations I cannot overnight screen because doing so well not only where my voice but give me a headache I don't know if this is a conscious or subconscious decision with every scenario or it's all scenarios or varies. Often times I will become silent and quiet and sometimes I will throw up or would so nauseated exhausted or dizzy to the point where I can't eat much less have the energy to yell scream and do the stereo typical behavior. Although I do have meltdowns like this they don't come nearly as often.