Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2007, 7:22 pm

I advocate karate lessons (or other self-defense learning) for aspies

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2007, 7:45 pm

Yell at the people at school for not doing anything about the bullies. Go up the chain of command. Contact the superintendant if you have to. Start contacting the schoolboard. Do what you have to do, take it as far as it needs to go. Bullying is not acceptable and no good parent would let it happen.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2007, 4:59 pm

If he wasn't in high school my advice would definitely be for him to snap. I was in a similar situation in junior high, I snapped, and I was actually expelled from that school for my actions, but it did nothing to affect my college prospects, I was accepted into a selective small college with a scholarship that I currently attend. I think my life would be worse off if I did not get expelled from that sh*thole school. I'm not sure it would work that way in high school. I think a college would notice it on the transcripts. Do some research on colleges, if your son has good SAT scores, you should be able to find a college that is a good fit for him that would accept him for who he is, prior expulsion or not. If you can find that college, give your son permission to make life a living hell for the residents of that school. In my mind if the college won't accept your son for who he is, then f*ck 'em, it wouldn't be a good fit anyway.

YowlingCat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 3:21 pm

Hire an attorney and make an appointment to see the school superintendent. Show up with said attorney at your side, and make your case, with the attorney's advice. Put your son's treatment down in writing; have him keep a log of who, what, when and where. If this doesn't get action quickly, move your son. Anger only gets worse. Don't forget Columbine. Get him some therapy, too.