Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

steppinthrax
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Feb 2014, 12:37 pm

I'm asking this because this has been something I've been dealing with for a while now. I'm not sure if this is a possible co-morbid symptom of aspergers etc....

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 12:43 pm

I don't know if it's a co-morbidity, but it's something I have always had, too. So did my late fiance (also AS).

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 12:45 pm

I have a high sex drive but no partner. I just wait for the menopause now as i hope my sex drive will go away. Its frustrating not having a sexual partner when you like sex.

steppinthrax

11 Feb 2014, 12:48 pm

My therapist indicated that I have a very low refractory period (see below).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refractory_period_(sex)

It's very bothering. It's also very easy for me to fantasize etc... The fantasies can easily take over what I was previously thinking about.

michael517
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 1:02 pm

I had to, with trepidation, google co-morbidity, and whew, it just means some other disease or condition that goes along with a primary disease or condition. I am so not wanting to find another bad thing about Aspergers.

I see people posting on this form stating they are or feel asexual. I do not feel that way, I drive my wife nuts. I would not use the 'very high', but gosh, that is a hard topic to broach with people to compare.

Certainly seemed like my father had above drive with five kids, and that the only reason why I, and my younger brother, are on this earth was because of it, and the only reason I have three kids is, will, you know. And my son will probably do the same thing.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 1:06 pm

I have a high sex drive, but that could have more to do with being a teenager :P

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 1:15 pm

I have a very low sex drive.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 1:17 pm

ASD presents itself symptomatically in extreme ways. Some may be highly sensitive to touch while another may not be sensitive at all. The same goes for all others areas of life.

Which is why it is harder for us, yet I think essential for us, to try to achieve some middle ground of functioning. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Exposure Therapies can help.

Aspendos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2014, 2:11 pm

There are people on this forum who will claim that asexuality (i.e. *no* sex drive) is a symptom of ASD ... neither is true for the majority of people on the spectrum.

steppinthrax

11 Feb 2014, 2:29 pm

I was reading about asexuality. Essentially they are saying it doesn't exist. What's worse are those who masturbate and are asexual ???????

I honestly sometimes want to be asexual.

AspieTurtle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Feb 2014, 2:33 pm

Mine depends on my fixation at the time. I tend to do the normal Aspie thing in becoming fixated mentally on whatever I am doing or interested in at the time. My "hyper focus" in the past has presented problems in regards to being too sexually focused to the point of personal risk and relationship issues.

At this point in my life, I do not have any interest in sex mentally... so I have no sex drive. Maybe it is the other way around... I don't know. I do know that I can binge if I am bored and like the idea. Then it is like a temporary hyper focus. But usually I am enjoying my hyper-focus on things like my rocks or a game I am into ATM.

:hic:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 2:47 pm

I'm not even sure if I even have a sex drive. Mine has always been very low.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 3:06 pm

steppinthrax wrote:
I was reading about asexuality. Essentially they are saying it doesn't exist. What's worse are those who masturbate and are asexual ???????

I honestly sometimes want to be asexual.

I'm not sure what you mean but it's possible to masturbate and be asexual. It could be that you have sexual feelings sometimes but no interest in having sex with others.

Dhp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 3:07 pm

:oops: I can't believe I'm saying this, but in my 20s, I had an extremely high sex drive. I think it's average now (meds). I will say no more.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 3:20 pm

Then the majority of men must have AS then. :roll:

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 3:42 pm

bumble wrote:
I have a high sex drive but no partner. I just wait for the menopause now as i hope my sex drive will go away. Its frustrating not having a sexual partner when you like sex.

+1