Why does this always happen to me?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2014, 12:54 am

Yuzu wrote:
Are you desperate for a girlfriend?

Kind of. And not because I need one at all. It's just another one of my attempts to look normal. Sort of like that part time job I go to, even though I already have enough money. I go there anyway just so I can say I have a job. I really don't like lying so I do stuff like this instead :?

But you're right. Better not to go with some girl I hate just because she likes me for some reason. There would be no benefit. It wouldn't even be a real relationship, just a farce and as I stated I hate lying.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2014, 4:28 am

Yuzu wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Maybe all the smart girls are way out of my league. Maybe they all became doctors and lawyers and such and expect likewise from me. Aren't there at least some average ones around? This one's at the community center my mother and I frequent and she expects me to go with this girl. Apparently my tastes don't enter into the equation. She says "she's not as dumb as she seems, she's just shy". That can't be true can it? I haven't burnt my bridges yet. I worked at maintaining ambiguity.

It may sound like I'm being arrogant and maybe I am but like they said on Becker, the heart wants what the heart wants. Ms Right may never come along but I don't think I can bring myself to settle that much. I don't think I could face my friends and family after they found out I'm going with a dullard. I don't want to face legal troubles when a judge rules that Ms Dullard lacks the cognitive abilities to give informed consent (can that happen?) Most of all, I don't want to go with someone I can't connect with.

So, thoughts? Anyone experienced the same? Could she be less dumb than I think? Are there advantages in going with someone I can routinely outsmart? Just want to chew me out for being an arrogant prick?

Just leave that poor girl alone if you think she is inferior to you. She deserves someone better (more compatible) than you.
And if you don't want to settle, then don't. Why can't you just wait for someone who you think is your equal to come along? Are you desperate for a girlfriend?

Do you think I was thinking these girls are inferior to me as well?

If you ever meet them in life, I bet you would completely understand.

From the way you described them, yes, it seems so.

Yes for understanding or yes for what I think?

Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2014, 2:00 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
Are you desperate for a girlfriend?

Kind of. And not because I need one at all. It's just another one of my attempts to look normal. Sort of like that part time job I go to, even though I already have enough money. I go there anyway just so I can say I have a job. I really don't like lying so I do stuff like this instead :?

But you're right. Better not to go with some girl I hate just because she likes me for some reason. There would be no benefit. It wouldn't even be a real relationship, just a farce and as I stated I hate lying.

I'm an alpha male (males like me and I also affect females in a funny way but not the same) and I don't have a girlfriend although if I wanted to I could have had ten by now who would have done anything for me the first time we met already. So it's not a problem. It can even be cooler not to have a girlfriend if you think about it this way.

Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 5:55 am

You like what you like, don't feel guilty about it. A lot of women would appreciate the fact that you value intellect over beauty.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 2:38 pm

WTF is this thread? "Alpha male"? Want a girlfriend just to look normal? Sure, women are just accessories!

L&D lives up to its reputation yet again.