Dating anxiety! Date tonight! Help!

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 10:19 am

edit

Last edited by Cafeaulait on 16 Feb 2014, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 10:22 am

Sorry guys, this is my first time dating EVER.

I´ve never been on a f*****g date in my whole entire life.

I wish the more experienced daters could soothe me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 10:51 am

CHARGE!! !

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 11:07 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
Hi everybody,

So a guy I met online wants to go and have a drink with me tonight. We live in the same city at 10 minutes distance of each other. He asked me yesterday night on facebook but I just felt so tense when he asked it that I couldn´t respond to any of his messages anymore. The boy is 23 and has aspergers too.

Even though we kinda connect on the internet and I want to see him, I have such dating anxiety! Rationally I know that I should make a big deal out of it and have nothing to lose, but all that is going through my head is: 'What if there is no connection? What if it turns out to be a disaster date where we end op looking at our smartphones all the time. What if it gets really uncomfortable?".

Oooh gooooooooooooood.

I don't know what to do. Does anyone recognize this?

If you haven't used a different personality online and you haven't used dishonest pictures, you have nothing to fear, apart from the fact that he might have done that himself.

I wish you good luck, in any case.

MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 11:20 am

Kurgan wrote:

If you haven't used a different personality online and you haven't used dishonest pictures, you have nothing to fear, apart from the fact that he might have done that himself.

I don't think that's exactly helping... lol...

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 1:09 pm

MadeUnderground wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

I don't think that's exactly helping... lol...

Lol! No, it's not. OMFG I can't believe I am doing this. Tomorrow it will all be over...

Bodyles
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 1:19 pm

You'll be ok.
Have fun girl! :D

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 4:56 pm

I don't know what time it is where you are...have you been on the date? How'd it go?? Tell us!! ! :D

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 10:20 pm

Looooll, it went pretty ok. All that fuss for nothing!! !
it's 4:20 in the morning so I will tell you all about it when I wake up!

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 10:30 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
Looooll, it went pretty ok. All that fuss for nothing!! !
it's 4:20 in the morning so I will tell you all about it when I wake up!

Hooray!! !! !

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 8:22 am

Okay, so here's the story for those that are interested:

We met at a café at around 21:00. I was worried that I wasn't going to find or recognize him. The moment I walked into the café I saw him sitting at the bar. There were no other people at the bar so I immediately recognized him (and he recognized me). I thought he was going to be really shy but he was actually quite spontaneous. I was already a bit tipsy when I came in so I kind of had to try my best to keep a normal appearance. Luckily the conversation went really fluently.
After a couple drinks we went to his house to play the wii. I stayed there until 4 o clock at night 8O Nothing sexual happened, but we talked and talked and talked. About superficial things, about deeper things, about his aspergers. It was really special...
I didn't always feel comfortable with him because he was bluntly honest at times (but I guess that's an aspie trait) ... and I am kinda random/unpredictable at times (which he didn't always get)...

We hugged in the end and shared three kisses. I would like to see him another time... don't know if I feel that romantic connection though.

Wednesday I am going on another date!!

MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 8:42 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
Okay, so here's the story for those that are interested:

We met at a café at around 21:00. I was worried that I wasn't going to find or recognize him. The moment I walked into the café I saw him sitting at the bar. There were no other people at the bar so I immediately recognized him (and he recognized me). I thought he was going to be really shy but he was actually quite spontaneous. I was already a bit tipsy when I came in so I kind of had to try my best to keep a normal appearance. Luckily the conversation went really fluently.
After a couple drinks we went to his house to play the wii. I stayed there until 4 o clock at night 8O Nothing sexual happened, but we talked and talked and talked. About superficial things, about deeper things, about his aspergers. It was really special...
I didn't always feel comfortable with him because he was bluntly honest at times (but I guess that's an aspie trait) ... and I am kinda random/unpredictable at times (which he didn't always get)...

We hugged in the end and shared three kisses. I would like to see him another time... don't know if I feel that romantic connection though.

Wednesday I am going on another date!!

Fantastic. :lol:

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 1:10 pm

Yeah I knowww

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 1:14 pm

We're gonna have sushi (me and another guy) and I'm f*****g nervous. But I am not going to drink as much as the first time otherwise I won't make sense anymore.