Great stuff you've found/bought online/in a store

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Bateman
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Feb 2014, 7:23 pm

I buy everything online.
I've bought weird foods, lots of gadgets and electronics, clothes, lots of books, ornaments to go on my bookshelf, posters, art supplies, about five different pocket watches with designs I kind-of liked.
I'm careful though, I spend a lot of time making sure I'm getting what I want, and at the best price I can get it at.

The most recent things I purchased: a classy pocket notepad, my own copy of Hamlet, and a lot of little parts I'm going to use in the creation of a robot :o
no store would sell the parts around here (probably)
It won't be very complex, I'm just doing it to challenge myself and not for work or school, but maybe I can add more to it once it moves.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 7:42 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpoO8VNY ... 4-overview

This is the only piece of Jaws memorabilia that I've seen (or heard) sgd by Shaw.......it cost me an arm and a leg but it's not just about the $$$ but also the historical value. Sgd on the actual set during filming , it could very well be the only in the world 8O

This month also marks 40 yrs since the book was published.

50th anniversary Pink Panther , surprisingly Germans got to see it already x-mas '63......you'd think the US or U.K premiere would've been first.

Also completed this , took me around 5 yrs......all were obtained by myself cept B Davis and Duchovny :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGbIDIMk ... 4-overview

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

17 Feb 2014, 11:49 pm

Oh, during SakuraCon 2010, I got the rare blue model Sega Game Gear for $30 (IIRC), with a few games. The blue model (http://www.rarityguide.com/museum/image ... system.JPG) was a limited-edition model, marketed by Sega as a "Sports Model".

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 3:31 pm

^ It does get played every now and then; but I had to buy a separate AC adapter, as those six AA batteries the thing takes get drained really fast (estimated battery life for a Game Gear is 3-5 hours).

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 7:53 pm

Today, I found the most amusing thing ever at my local Value Village: A Cincinnati Bengals jersey with the name "Tinkerbell" on the back w/ the #22. It was worth the $4 I paid. And, yes, it was a size large, so it does fit me. :D

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 7:33 pm

From Ebay, The Visible 4 Cylinder Gasoline Engine model ! !!

I haven't started assembling it yet, but it looks like a lot of cheap amusement.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 7:36 pm

As promised, pictures of the Cincinnati Bengals Tinkerbell jersey:

Front:

Back:

Apologies for the blurriness, though.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2014, 8:28 am

found an FM groovebox
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWGoHoXnNmo[/youtube]

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2014, 9:13 am

My first set of goalie pads were $500. I found them too small and on eBay discovered the proper size of the exact same product. Total cost $220 and yes they were brand new! I also prices are significantly cheaper in the USA on items and what's best, you can usually avoid paying sales tax/customs duties which usually covers the shipping cost!

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2014, 2:21 pm

Positively one of my greatest finds on Ebay was a 1930's Horror magazine with great cover art, containing a story by H.P. Lovecraft. It wasn't cheap, but I'm glad I bought it.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2014, 9:16 pm

Today I went to Target and Walmart. The ones where I live have some pretty neat stuff (Target especially).

At Target I bought a new blanket for my bed. My mom wanted me to have one because she noticed that I had been tossing and turning all night because my bedspread had somehow wound up on the floor and my blankets were all twisted up. She decided that I must have been too hot (the temperature here in Idaho is currently in the late 50s/early 60s Fahrenheit) and it was time for a new blanket.

It took quite a bit of deliberating to pick out just the right blanket, because it had to be more breathable than a comforter but still have some weight to it (due to sensory issues). My mom seemed to really like the organic cotton blankets, but I didn't like the texture of those and chose a sweater-knit blanket instead. It meets all of my criteria for a perfect blanket: breathe-ability, weight and texture. The only criteria it doesn't meet is color/design, but that's not as important as my other criteria.

At Target I also bought some yoga pants for my running, and a CD filled with relaxing Celtic music. (I have decided that I am going to start collecting those relaxation CDs you get from places like Target and Walmart, because I love listening to relaxing music when I'm sleeping or doing one of my hobbies like drawing or sewing).

At Walmart I got a 1000-piece puzzle and some puzzle glue. My mom noticed the puzzles before I did and pointed out how beautiful they were. I figured that it would be a good exercise for my brain so I decided to grab one.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2014, 10:14 pm

I went into Value Village yesterday. I needed to buy another pair of sweat pants, because my green plush ones were quite worn in the crotch. I've managed to find a pair of pea green sweatpants with flared legs that fit me nice and loosely. :D :P

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2014, 2:45 am

I've found a lot of great additions to my collection of Randall Boggs (the character from Monster's Inc) items from Ebay. I also found another plushie of Rebound (my stuffed puppy) at a flea market a few months ago, and last week I found a plushie of Blu from "Rio" at a Toys R Us. :D

I like vintage stuff and stuff that reminds me of my childhood, which is why I love shopping at flea markets and antique stores. :D It doesn't even make me feel "old;" I'm just happy that the stuff still exists.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2014, 3:10 am

A 1980s-era San Diego Chargers blank jersey was found by me today. :D

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2014, 5:20 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE5THNgI ... 4-overview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uNGQjaI ... 4-overview

Linville sgd MASH items are rare , he wasn't too fond of signing them in the 90s.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2014, 6:39 pm

I'm amazed that in the past few months, I have found a wealth of Minor League Baseball caps (and in my size, as well!). They look so great on me, personally.