Great stuff you've found/bought online/in a store

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

15 Feb 2014, 12:03 am

This just explains some of the greatest treasures you've found while shopping online or in a store.
----
I have so many to count. But one treasure I found this month was a translucent version of the original Nintendo Game Boy (which, alongside with red, green and black models were released as part of Nintendo's Play it Loud! line, which would pave the way to other gaming systems coming in non-base colors) that was released in 1995. A couple of years ago around this time, I found one @ a used gaming store, but didn't get it because I was kinda hard up for cash then. But, I found one on eBay and named my price for it, and $24 later (after shipping), I am a happy man. There is some buildup in some places within the Game Boy itself, but it works like a charm. That and it was missing a battery cover, but I found one, and now I feel complete and happy. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

MrOddBall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2014, 12:05 am

Well for me it's when my dad bought me a 65 GB flash stick, A PSP and an Apple Ipod Touch (which I still need to initialize using ITunes) :)

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2014, 12:22 am

Online shopping is a Godsend for Christmas gifts - this year instead of spending money I used up a few thousand Coke Rewards points

But the most recent gem I bought on Ebay was a TDA2006 integrated circuit which I used to save my late grandpa's guitar amplifier from the trash (and give myself something to rock out on when I visit relatives)

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2014, 12:55 am

A couple weeks ago I ordered a couple of used Pokemon games on eBay that apparently came with some extras. Well, it turns out that "bonus items" meant three boxes full of posters, video games, manga, and Pokemon merch. Most awesome day ever.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2014, 1:01 am

Lillikoi wrote:
A couple weeks ago I ordered a couple of used Pokemon games on eBay that apparently came with some extras. Well, it turns out that "bonus items" meant three boxes full of posters, video games, manga, and Pokemon merch. Most awesome day ever.

How lucky of you. :D

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2014, 1:07 am

Back in my guitar playing days I used to buy electric guitars from China. The sites I used were TradeTang and DH Gate. The guitars were all copies of American ones like ESP, Fender, Gibson and Ibanez. The necks and bodies were okay but the hardware (pickups, bridges, tuning gears) were crap. After I replaced those with the real deal, the guitars were actually playable live. I've saved myself a lot of money that way. People who played guitars couldn't even tell mine were fake.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2014, 9:42 pm

I found two retro Edmonton Eskimos and Calgary Stampeders jersey for a combined $20 after shipping. I know, it seems like blasphemy that I'd own the two CFL jerseys of provincial rivals (Alberta, in this case), but since I'm a B.C. Lions fan and I'm a collector, it seems fair game.

MrOddBall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2014, 9:49 pm

I bought the soul of Adam Sandler from E bay :D

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2014, 9:49 pm

^ ROFLCopter

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2014, 10:10 pm

I bought a DVD and a bunch of CDs from Amazon.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2014, 10:17 pm

^ Tell us about the most noteworthy of those movies.

Oh, and back in 2009, a visit to my local Goodwill yielded the later model SNES (picture here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... -2-Set.jpg). It's in great working condition, but there are a few red marker smudges on its underside.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2014, 10:26 pm

The most noteworthy movie I've ordered is 'The Kinks In Their Own Words'. The most noteworthy of the CDS is the Deluxe Edition of The Kinks Face to Face. I relate to a lot of the songs in that set.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 12:46 am

Got this only $600 in Mint condition at the Used shop... and now it costs about $4000 on E-bay. :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy_GJnVu0pQ[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J-DAul7qXs[/youtube]

krankes_hirn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2014, 12:55 am

My favorite boardgame ever: Battlestar Galactica

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 1:02 am

My husband found a record/CD player/radio at Goodwill for 75 bucks. It needs a new needle though. I once found a complete PSone in a box that has been opened and I nearly bought it. Now I wish I should have. I got two leapster games at Goodwill for seven bucks each. I also once got a Wii numchuk Epic Mickey edition for about eight bucks and I also got Hello Kitty ear buds new for seven bucks. I got Beetle Racing Adventure for five bucks. I also got a Game Boy Color for 13 bucks. I also saw an unopened Nintendo 3DS game for 13 bucks but didn't get it because I didn't have it in my budget to send that much on a item. You can find great stuff there.

I also love Estate sales because it's like a time capsule. You see old furniture and vintage stuff because normally the person living there died or went into a retirement home so they have all their stuff from when they were young so it's like a time capsule. You see old road maps and clothes, books, dishes, furniture, old puzzles and board games, etc. But I often not buy them because I have no need for them. I buy what I like. Today I went to one and I got a bunch of VHS tapes for 50 cents each and a few books and a book for my son. Some stuff there was new and they had children movies there and newer books and the house had CDs so they had some modern stuff. I almost got my son a set of Hothwheels still in its package but it was five bucks and I decided forget it and put it back.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 6:57 pm

My first great big eBay find? Before I made my own account in 2008, the first great eBay find was this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... le-Set.jpg - What is that? It's the later model Nintendo Entertainment System, made in 1993. I got it for a little north of $100, but it came with a few games. Over 12 years later, I still play it periodically, and I love it. :D