Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2014, 12:32 am

Just thought I'd share. :) I guess just to make my point that one can totally still enjoy Valentine's day when single vs. spending their time dwelling on the fact that they're single. For the record, I've never had a significant other on Valentine's day.. and have never really had a significant other, for that matter. And I care less and less about that. As posted before, I've still had a sex life, just not a relationship component to my life.. yet. Point is, I'm single & still had a perfectly fine Valentine's day.

I dropped a homemade (graphic designed, photo paper printed) Valentine's card & a tiny box of chocolates off on the doorstep of my crush late last night. That's as "Valentiney," as my day gets. It's more of a now traditional loving gesture between close friends sort of thing as while I'd like a relationship to happen beyond our friendship, I'm not holding my breath on it or anything - but still do these things just to remind him that I do care like that. I figured I'd make it a 3rd year in a row that I came up with a creative v-day card & something nice to write on the back. Chances are I'll just continue this tradition of mine on forever, even if we end up in relationships with different people, just because it's a nice tradition and I enjoy it. I'd just make future ones more friend-geared than crush-geared is all.

But anyways, this was my "Valentine," this year:

My Valentine this year. :P Took a walk to the pond & "forest," then her dad texted to ask us to pick up a rose for her mom.. which turned into 2 roses for mom, 3 roses for her lol, and helium balloons for her & her little brother. :) So much more fulfilling than lining Hallmark's pockets & shelling out enough cash for a meal to buy a week's groceries. Being single lets me enjoy Valentine's day however I want to & this one was pretty good. :)

edit: And now I'm watching Cloud Atlas because I've never seen it and it looks good. 8)

2nd edit: I thought we were going to watch it.. we kinda did, then wondered why it didn't make complete sense... oh, because it only recorded the last 80 minutes & the movie is 172 minutes long according to IMDB.. gotta re-record it and watch it from the beginning another time.

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2014, 10:50 am

I'm glad you enjoyed your valentine's day! It just goes to show that it doesn't necessarily have to be about a romantic relationship or a significant other... but it's a good time to show appreciation for other people in your life. I'm not one for celebrating it (in fact, I think it's become more about obligation rather than love, more than anything). It sounds like you had a lot of fun, though.

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2014, 10:51 am

I'm glad you enjoyed your valentine's day! It just goes to show that it doesn't necessarily have to be about a romantic relationship or a significant other... but it's a good time to show appreciation for other people in your life. I'm not one for celebrating it (in fact, I think it's become more about obligation rather than love, more than anything). It sounds like you had a lot of fun, though.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2014, 1:27 pm

LucySnowe wrote:

Yep, that's it exactly. :)

Oh, forgot.. I also took her & her brother each a new little stuffed animal. Gotta spoil the little ones when you can. :)

But yeah, I did enjoy my day. And it felt good to have been there at the right time for my best friend since high school to text and ask that I pick up a rose for his wife, because before I went out for the walk I was telling her about the valentine & chocolates I left on the doorstep of my crush and she smiled and said that was nice and commented that her husband does nothing for valentine's day. :lol: So, then when we returned she thought for sure it was her daughter's idea and was pleasantly surprised when I told her no, it was her husband that texted and made the request that we pick up a rose. 8)