Have you ever been in Wroclaw, Poland

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2014, 8:51 am

Nambo wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:

Well you again right, Lithuanians say the same thing, like Poland in the 20's seized territories today's Lithuania and parts of present Ukraine, Poland wanted to prevent the seizure of these lands by the newly formed Soviet Union. But unfortunately both Ukrainians as Lithuanians claim that Poland was trying to destroy their native culture, which is untrue in my opinion,

You are indeed an honorable person, most people place national pride above this.
And of course it was not Poland who stole Prussia, rather it was Churchill and Stalin, Churchill who encouraged Poland to push against Hitler over Danzig with promises the British didn't keep resulting in the Nazis destruction of Poland, and then letting Stalin keep much of Eastern Poland he took when he invaded from the East, giving Poland East Prussia as compensation after the war.
How do the Polish feel about the loss of their Eastern territories?

From what I know, most of the older generation that lived during World War II, preferred to keep the pre-war Polish border to Eastern Borderlands with Lvov, Vilnius, Brest and Grodno were still Polish, but fate wanted otherwise.
Stalin and Roosevelt decided so, Churchill had not much to say about this.

Stalin seized our Eastern Borderlands, giving us in return areas belonging to the defeated Third Reich, as part of war reparations. We were given among other things Wroclaw. My mom was a little girl came to Wroclaw in the 50s, told me that the view was terrible, the city was almost completely devastated, and in the streets you could find parts of military equipment, as belts ammunition, cartridges, etc.

But it's not Poland started the war, but Germany,

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2014, 2:34 pm

I'm writing a book where a minor scene is in Wroclaw, it's a science fiction war novel. Spoiler: You all get your asses kicked in it. :P