Would the women's houses look as good as the men's?

Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Will the women's houses look as good as the men's?
yes 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
no 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
better than men's 62%  62%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 13

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 11:43 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Some of the men will seek political asylum with the women.

Nope the Upholders of the Eekers and the Treaties prevent this. Drones strike down any violators and they are programmed to detect DNA so if they do a sweep, find DNA that belongs to a female or male in the wrong zone, it instantly dissolves them into nothing.

What about Hermaphrodites?Will they have to stay in a neutral zone?

The No-Person's-Protected-Area is for wild beasts ONLY no humans.
People with ambiguous genitalia are treated at birth. They are given DNA tests first. Depending on the results, they are medically treated and are placed in the appropriate zone.
What if some people from both sides decided to live in the no protection zone and become feral and befriend the wild animals? And establish tribes and such?

Do I sense plot development :?:
I've never really been good at it, just initial ideas :lol:

Yeah, they could develop tribes.

In my austere world they would be eaten by wild beasts. No one is allowed weapons after The Great War.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 11:57 pm

simon_says wrote:
The women would have nice homes constructed courtesy of the lesbians. And men would have their homes tastefully decorated by homosexual men. Looks like a wash.

What I wonder is, wouldn't the zones be primarily homosexual in orientation. That's the most interesting thing about this idea. If this were to happen, how would each community deal with sexuality? What would happen? Would they simply develop a strong preference for their own sex over time so by the time 500 years has elapsed, it's just normal to become attached to your own sex? Or, would they just become cold and unloving? Would taboos against homosexuality dissolve?

In our culture, gay women are thought to be butch so they are better at construction while effeminate gay men are believed to be better at interior decorating.
Maybe in this world I am constructing in my mind, so many would be dedicated to rebuilding what was previously destroyed, they will compensate and develop keen skills one might not think of as being associated with their gender. The women will become better designers and builders, same with the men in domestic issues such as interior decorating and food preparation, garment constructing and sewing. Suddenly they are responsible for everything so their skills will become advanced and more numerous. Nothing will hold them back. However, the trade off is enormous.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 11:59 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Some of the men will seek political asylum with the women.

Nope the Upholders of the Eekers and the Treaties prevent this. Drones strike down any violators and they are programmed to detect DNA so if they do a sweep, find DNA that belongs to a female or male in the wrong zone, it instantly dissolves them into nothing.

What about Hermaphrodites?Will they have to stay in a neutral zone?

The No-Person's-Protected-Area is for wild beasts ONLY no humans.
People with ambiguous genitalia are treated at birth. They are given DNA tests first. Depending on the results, they are medically treated and are placed in the appropriate zone.
What if some people from both sides decided to live in the no protection zone and become feral and befriend the wild animals? And establish tribes and such?

Do I sense plot development :?:
I've never really been good at it, just initial ideas :lol:

Yeah, they could develop tribes.

In my austere world they would be eaten by wild beasts. No one is allowed weapons after The Great War.
I could be a feral lord as well as build myself an immunity to various snake venoms and sleep in a rattle snake den eventually to the point the rattle snakes will not feel disturbed by my presence and it will be my safe haven from wild beasts that pose a threat the rattles will alarm me of intruders!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 12:05 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
I could be a feral lord as well as build myself an immunity to various snake venoms and sleep in a rattle snake den eventually to the point the rattle snakes will not feel disturbed by my presence and it will be my safe haven from wild beasts that pose a threat the rattles will alarm me of intruders!

What about all the wolves and bears? There will be Brown Bears because their range and numbers will increase after 500 years of decreased human activity and lots of them. You would have to survive without guns you could probably fashion primitive bows and arrows or come up with something entirely new.
Snakes would be only one potential hazard. You also have all kinds of insects, like mosquitoes and ticks. Spiders of all kinds. Life would be very uncomfortable in the No-Person's-Protected-Area!
No one does anything in this area, no landscaping or culling of any kind. It is untouched by humans, wild, overgrown and home to abundant wildlife including bees, wasps, ticks, mosquitoes, fleas. centipedes, spiders, gnats, biting flies, and anything else you would not want crawling on your flesh.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 12:12 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

What about all the wolves and bears? There will be Brown Bears because their range and numbers will increase after 500 years of decreased human activity and lots of them. You would have to survive without guns you could probably fashion primitive bows and arrows or come up with something entirely new.
Snakes would be only one potential hazard. You also have all kinds of insects, like mosquitoes and ticks. Spiders of all kinds. Life would be very uncomfortable in the No-Person's-Protected-Area!
No one does anything in this area, no landscaping or culling of any kind. It is untouched by humans, wild, overgrown and home to abundant wildlife including bees, wasps, ticks, mosquitoes, fleas. centipedes, spiders, gnats, biting flies, and anything else you would not want crawling on your flesh.
I would live in a rocky area I would slowly earn the bears and wolves trust by providing scraps i make from my kills and avoid their terretories and mark my own terretory. If things get hairy I can retreat back in my snake lair even bears and wolves arent foolish enough to venture in there they get bit its game over for them.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 12:32 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

I would live in a rocky area I would slowly earn the bears and wolves trust by providing scraps i make from my kills and avoid their terretories and mark my own terretory. If things get hairy I can retreat back in my snake lair even bears and wolves arent foolish enough to venture in there they get bit its game over for them.

Let's say you manage to do all this. You still can't get across the border to the women so you are all alone and uncomfortable in The Area. How would you talk other men into joining you when they can just stay in their central heat and air homes with all the conveniences and comforts? Why would they want to stay in such a wild environment without modern day conveniences knowing they will never make it over the border to the women? The drones will strike with 100% accuracy per Treaties' orders. Part of The Treaties demands both sides must do what they can to maintain the drones and increase the population of humans. It's their two number one priorities. So the Upholders devote a lot of time and resources to the drones and they never slip up.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 12:49 am

Quote:
What I wonder is, wouldn't the zones be primarily homosexual in orientation. That's the most interesting thing about this idea. If this were to happen, how would each community deal with sexuality?

We have examples of such zones. They are called prisons. it's not pretty.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 12:55 am

simon_says wrote:
Quote:
What I wonder is, wouldn't the zones be primarily homosexual in orientation. That's the most interesting thing about this idea. If this were to happen, how would each community deal with sexuality?

We have examples of such zones. They are called prisons. it's not pretty.

That's one way of looking at it.
However, these Zones are nicer than prisons. People are allowed to do everything but mingle with the opposite sex or have guns or any kind of advanced weapons. Everything is so strict, and people's minds have been melded into such compliance, no one dare disobey the Upholders. It is, by today's standard, a meek, complacent society in both zones. There's no poverty, hunger or suffering. The Upholders have kick started advances in mind drugs so everyone is drugged into a state of complacency if they aren't there already so nobody jumps up and says things must change or there must be a revolution. Just imagine today's anti depressants and mood inhibitors only much more effective.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 1:55 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

Let's say you manage to do all this. You still can't get across the border to the women so you are all alone and uncomfortable in The Area. How would you talk other men into joining you when they can just stay in their central heat and air homes with all the conveniences and comforts? Why would they want to stay in such a wild environment without modern day conveniences knowing they will never make it over the border to the women? The drones will strike with 100% accuracy per Treaties' orders. Part of The Treaties demands both sides must do what they can to maintain the drones and increase the population of humans. It's their two number one priorities. So the Upholders devote a lot of time and resources to the drones and they never slip up.
I would run off with my mate into the wilderness and try to liberate many others into living in the wild then slowly establishing a large tribe or set of tribes and send spies into each zone to gather high tech weaponry and plan on overthrowing this regime that keeps genders separated and re recreate, peace love and harmony!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 2:21 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

I would run off with my mate into the wilderness and try to liberate many others into living in the wild then slowly establishing a large tribe or set of tribes and send spies into each zone to gather high tech weaponry and plan on overthrowing this regime that keeps genders separated and re recreate, peace love and harmony!

You cannot get high tech weaponry because The Upholders are on ultra alert and paranoid protectors of what's left of the human species. They are determined to keep everyone safe that means people cannot have weapons and must be subdued with mood inhibitors. You wouldn't even consider leaving your house to go live in the wild because you would be so happy in your house, you would never want to go. There's no plot. Just a simple state of being.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 4:20 am

simon_says wrote:
The women would have nice homes constructed courtesy of the lesbians. And men would have their homes tastefully decorated by homosexual men. Looks like a wash.
As an female engineer, am I allowed to built an house as well without becoming lesbian, or is it needed for me to become lesbian first, before I am allowed to make use of my knowledge?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 5:04 am

This is getting fun hehe!