My username says it all: I know who I am now!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

IKnowWhoIAmNow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2014, 5:20 am

Hello Everybody

My name is Martin and I'm an Aspie.

I am aged in my late 40s, living in East Anglia in the UK, male, straight, single, have (mostly) typical Aspie science/technology hobbies, passed my driving test a few years ago and am active in the cat fancy. I am actively seeking a partner and have my own car and cat :)

I actually joined WP last year, but only recently gained the confidence and status to take an active part. A few years ago, after my life basically collapsed, I was diagnosed by a GP and this was confirmed by a psychiatrist; however, due to lack of support from the NHS, my recovery has been a slow and gradual process.

A year ago, something happened to me that caused many things to suddenly make sense all at once; it was as if I had just walked out of an endless bank of fog and into the sunlight; thus, I know who I am now and life is finally getting better.

In my signature you will find links to various places on WP in which you can find as much about me as, on a public AS forum, I dare reveal (or as you dare find out :P).

Finding a partner is my main reason for being here, so I'd appreciate it if any involuntarily-single ladies living in the region would kindly spend a minute of their time to check out the following; who knows, it might be our lucky day :) Er, now then... oh yes ...

Begin shameless plug
My WP dating profile: http://tinyurl.com/IKWIAN-DateMe
End shameless plug :P

Good luck to all of us living here on the wrong planet. Let's take it by the scruff of the neck and turn it into the right one.

Kind Regards

Martin

Last edited by IKnowWhoIAmNow on 16 Feb 2014, 10:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 6:10 am

Exactly what are the typical Aspie science/technology hobbies, and what's typical about them? I'm playing the devil's advocate here.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 6:41 am

Welcome Martin :)

Aspendos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2014, 8:14 am

DarkRain wrote:
Exactly what are the typical Aspie science/technology hobbies, and what's typical about them? I'm playing the devil's advocate here.

Surely, he means *stereo*typical.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 8:22 am

Martin - Congratulations on your new sense of self, and in your quests to build a new life from it ! !

Future_Perfect
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Feb 2014, 9:01 am

Welcome, Martin! I wish you luck finding a partner.

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 10:02 am

Welcome! :)

IKnowWhoIAmNow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2014, 10:48 am

Aspendos wrote:
DarkRain wrote:

Surely, he means *stereo*typical.

Indeed, I do. While there is a lot of variety among Aspies, there are several stereotypes that do appear to hold true in practice and possessing a flair for ultimately mathematical things such as science and technology, while not true of every Aspie, does seem to be very common.

Oh and thanks, everybody, for the good wishes so far :D