Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 11:50 am

I am so excited, like a little kid excited [note my age] playing with these goody bags for the retreat. in another thread I told you what I am basically puting in each goody bag. BUT there are special extras that go in certain persons bags. For instance, there is a woman who meows whenever she greets someone or is happy. Of course she has cats. Well, along with all the regular stuff she has the 'This is a cat. It is not a defective dog. It is perfectly happy being a cat" autism t-shirt tucked into her custom designed goody bag. Someone, newly renamed Star, has a hip scarf with stars on it, I made star shaped gingerbread cookies, and her teddy bear has stars on it. Her daughter loves rainbows, and I have never met anyone who loves rainbow who does not also love kaleidioscopes. I found her a beautiful kaleidioscope with its'stand. One man talked about a plush porcupine stuffed toy he wishes he had bought. Well he's got a porcupine. And on an on and on. I feel like I have a bunch of kids who are going to be ecstatic at what Santa left them in their stockings [ there is nothing in the world like still being capable of believing in Santa and being able to be Santa at the same time]

I have found out what most of the attendees' favorite foods are, and hopefully none will be dissapointed.

I have written and thrown out the welcome speech 8 times. Now I have settled on one and feel happy with it. I also have my charts mostly completed for my presentation . Do you guys want me to give a detailed account during the retreat or just a summary afterwards. [ I'msure that there will be at least one person there who can put up pictures]

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 11:54 am

You are so incredibly thoughtful to do all that. I hope everyone has a wonderful time – good luck with your speech! :)

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 12:08 pm

Glad you got over your anxiety. You're all gonna have a blast! Take pics, we want to see it all!

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 12:10 pm

I love to believe in Santa too.

You are a lovely lady Vicky. :D

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 2:43 pm

vickygleitz wrote:
I feel like I have a bunch of kids who are going to be ecstatic at what Santa left them in their stockings [ there is nothing in the world like still being capable of believing in Santa and being able to be Santa at the same time]

I have found out what most of the attendees' favorite foods are, and hopefully none will be dissapointed.

I have written and thrown out the welcome speech 8 times. Now I have settled on one and feel happy with it. I also have my charts mostly completed for my presentation . Do you guys want me to give a detailed account during the retreat or just a summary afterwards. [ I'msure that there will be at least one person there who can put up pictures]

I can feel your enthusiasm through your post. :D

As for writing the welcome speech 8 times, you're creating a brand new gathering, I think you have the right to test out different speeches. Few of the good speeches in history didn't go through a bunch of drafts.

I for one would be happy with a summary, since you can always put more detailed accounts up later. You'll have so many good ideas from the event that it will take some time for the proverbial "dust to settle", and trying to write everything out will probably get in the way.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 3:27 pm

I just took another moment to think about this - you doing all of this, always looking out for others and making WP such a bright place with your presence and with all you've been going through. You make me feel better about the human race and inspire me to try to go out there and be kind to others with happy expectations instead of cynicism (and I need that help). Thanks Vicky!