Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 2:09 pm

Last October I was invited to my friends wedding reception (he's 23 and his wife is 22). When I entered the wedding reception I noticed this girl who was sat with my friends looked at me with a smiley/happy face as i entered the reception. I sat very close to the girl and her friend and she did not really give me much eye contact or talk to me (I was anxious and quiet that evening). The girl was a friend of the bride and I never met her before prior to the reception.

Towards the end of the night we all hit the dance floor and when I was dancing with my friends the girl threw herself at me and started touching my bum lol. She did this twice. And as usual I got all awkward and shy when she did this to me because she took me by suprise. She also did whisper something into my ear but I could not hear her because of the loud music. When I did not respond to her she gave a 'what the hell face' I did start dancing with the girl and her other friend at the same time which I do not think she was too happy about.

A few mins later we all stopped dancing and went outside for a smoke. While I was outside I noticed the girl was touching up one of my other friends and he got a date with her. However they did not even have a date in the end because he said my friend was "too young" apprently. She is 28 and me and my friend are 24.

I did ask my friend about the girl later that night and he said to me "don't worry it's all about confidence you will get it in time."

Can I have your opinions on this situation and if I behaved in the right way? To be fair she might have just been really drunk lol.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 2:16 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Last October I was invited to my friends wedding reception (he's 23 and his wife is 22). When I entered the wedding reception I noticed this girl who was sat with my friends looked at me with a smiley/happy face as i entered the reception. I sat very close to the girl and her friend and she did not really give me much eye contact or talk to me (I was anxious and quiet that evening). The girl was a friend of the bride and I never met her before prior to the reception.

Towards the end of the night we all hit the dance floor and when I was dancing with my friends the girl threw herself at me and started touching my bum lol. She did this twice. And as usual I got all awkward and shy when she did this to me because she took me by suprise. She also did whisper something into my ear but I could not hear her because of the loud music. When I did not respond to her she gave a 'what the hell face' I did start dancing with the girl and her other friend at the same time which I do not think she was too happy about.

A few mins later we all stopped dancing and went outside for a smoke. While I was outside I noticed the girl was touching up one of my other friends and he got a date with her. However they did not even have a date in the end because he said my friend was "too young" apprently. She is 28 and me and my friend are 24.

I did ask my friend about the girl later that night and he said to me "don't worry it's all about confidence you will get it in time."

Can I have your opinions on this situation and if I behaved in the right way? To be fair she might have just been really drunk lol.

Shy = lack of confidence in this situation.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 2:36 pm

appletheclown wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Shy = lack of confidence in this situation.

Do you think she liked me?

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 4:10 pm

I might think it was a happy wedding party, she had a few cocktails, and got a bit carried away with the moment and started to flirt with guys.

If she ditched the date with your friend because he is too young, and you are his age, then it would have unlikely gone anywhere. I might be relieved that he had to deal with the fake date instead of me.

She must have thought you at least physically attractive if she was grabbing your butt. But in general I might try to laugh the whole thing off as a crazy fun time at a wedding. :D

Cheers!

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 4:25 pm

That's pretty bold for a girl to do that.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 4:34 pm

Marky9 wrote:
I might think it was a happy wedding party, she had a few cocktails, and got a bit carried away with the moment and started to flirt with guys.

If she ditched the date with your friend because he is too young, and you are his age, then it would have unlikely gone anywhere. I might be relieved that he had to deal with the fake date instead of me.

She must have thought you at least physically attractive if she was grabbing your butt. But in general I might try to laugh the whole thing off as a crazy fun time at a wedding. :D

Cheers!

When she started touching me up one of my friends 'winked at me' with a serious facial expression. What could that mean? When she touched me I looked at my friend cause I felt uncomftble.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 4:36 pm

I think he was saying she likes you, dance with her.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 4:55 pm

Wedding Reception: check
Alcohol present: check
Dancing: check
Her grabbing your butt and coming on to you: check.
Friends winking at you: check

Likely would have been nothing more than a one night thing and your friends were seemingly supporting this. Your other friend that was the same age was actually the best source of support you had. I'm glad your 24 year old friend was there to help you and give some sort of moral support.

If I was dealing with a woman that was overly flirty and coming on to multiple men at a party type of setting like this, I would not be making myself too available to her. I'd be making up a story about a girlfriend if I was single.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 5:01 pm

aspiemike wrote:
Wedding Reception: check
Alcohol present: check
Dancing: check
Her grabbing your butt and coming on to you: check.
Friends winking at you: check

Likely would have been nothing more than a one night thing and your friends were seemingly supporting this. Your other friend that was the same age was actually the best source of support you had. I'm glad your 24 year old friend was there to help you and give some sort of moral support.

If I was dealing with a woman that was overly flirty and coming on to multiple men at a party type of setting like this, I would not be making myself too available to her. I'd be making up a story about a girlfriend if I was single.

Well only '1' of my friends winked at me

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 5:14 pm

Ok, so there was one friend winking. Dancing with someone isn't bad provided you know what boundaries you have for it.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 5:26 pm

aspiemike wrote:
Ok, so there was one friend winking. Dancing with someone isn't bad provided you know what boundaries you have for it.

When I told my mum she 'threw' herself and started 'touching me up'. My mum said 'that's actually quite threatening what she did."

Also this is something that the girl posted on her Facebook wall late last year

"Oh oh wait mr postman before I strangle you miserable lazy as*hole"

What hints does that give of her personality? Lol :)

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 5:55 pm

Willard wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

)

Of course that's no reason not to let her jump your bones if she's a-mind to. :wink:

What does that mean?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 6:14 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Willard wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

)

Of course that's no reason not to let her jump your bones if she's a-mind to. :wink:

What does that mean?

It means that just because willard doesn't think she's very bright or funny that that isn't necessarily a reason not to have sex with her.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 6:15 pm

In my opinion she was a drunk slut at a wedding looking to hookup and get laid and you completely missed her signals. IF you wanted to hookup with her, you could have, but you missed her signals and didn't.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 6:32 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
In my opinion she was a drunk slut at a wedding looking to hookup and get laid and you completely missed her signals. IF you wanted to hookup with her, you could have, but you missed her signals and didn't.

Just because she wants to hook up doesn't make her a slut; but yeah she might have been looking for someone. Weddings can make single girls uncomfortable and they want physical reassurance they are attractive since they aren't getting married.

I don't know what your mom is rambling on about her being threatening.

As for the comment; we would need to see the context it appears in.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 6:34 pm

thewhitrbbit wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Just because she wants to hook up doesn't make her a slut; but yeah she might have been looking for someone. Weddings can make single girls uncomfortable and they want physical reassurance they are attractive since they aren't getting married.

I don't know what your mom is rambling on about her being threatening.

As for the comment; we would need to see the context it appears in.

Whay comment?