Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 11:07 pm

doesnt photogenic mean someone who looks good in a photo rather than someone who is ok with having it taken or not?

have been told am ugly many a time from people seeing photographs but they always say it like they think am going to care about looks ,am lacking total awareness of peer pressure and social rules so their comments are useless and laughable.

am fine with having photographs taken-to self its just someone holding any random gadget in the air, though will never pose,have never understood the concept of posing.
people usualy try distraction methods with self if they need to get self looking towards the camera.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Dhp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 11:48 pm

I think my avatar explains the answer - NO - I am not photogenic, and I don't like people taking pictures of me.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 11:51 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
doesnt photogenic mean someone who looks good in a photo rather than someone who is ok with having it taken or not?

Yes that is correct.

I am usually pretty photogenic, especially when I am in good athletic shape. I don't mind having my picture taken and usually I really enjoy it. There are a few pictures of me that I would like to burn though! :D

Wreck It Ralph

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 3:47 am

idk if im photogenic and dont really care.
The trick is getting me to hold still for pics and if you are really lucky will get me looking at the camera.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 8:02 am

Dhp wrote:
I think my avatar explains the answer - NO - I am not photogenic, and I don't like people taking pictures of me.
You look fine in your avatar, but the quality of that photo is awful so I can't tell for sure.

As for me, I'm not quite sure how to judge "photogenic". I have that autistic look in my pictures, but it's nothing bad. I actually like having photos of myself taken.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 8:15 am

I'm not very photogenic. I always look uncomfortable, with a forced smile like I'm thinking ''hurry up and take the picture''.

Also my face always looks long and narrow in pictures, and my eyes are often red. I just can't seem to get it right. I always look too lanky too. I look all out of proportion, although I am physically ordinary.

Bustduster
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2014, 9:34 am

Only with my shades on.

IKnowWhoIAmNow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Feb 2014, 11:38 am

Actually, I used to think I wasn't, but having been seriously overweight all my adult life until very recently, I positively oozed sweat or some other reflective chemical on my skin; I look reasonably good these days :)

Though I don't expect a career as a model or queues of women lining up to date me :P

(An up-to-date pic of me, a better one than in my avatar, can be found here in the "Members Only" forum).

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 9:24 pm

I'm not very good with "posed" photos, especially portraits (I always look awkward). Candid and group photos are generally better, but I normally work better behind a camera than in front of one.

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 11:57 pm

equestriatola wrote:
This asks whether you like to have your picture taken or not.
----
Yes, I don't mind having my picture taken, I'm a pretty photogenic kind of person.

normally photogenic means do you look good in pictures, not like having them taken

I take halfway decent pictures, the one or two I take a year, my partner and I had an agreement - ONE per year while we were together at first it was just the two of us , and then with her kids as a group. She had a number of photos of just her alone or with her family and me not there, she had to just keep her family away from me with cameras

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 12:12 am

GivePeaceAChance wrote:
...my partner and I had an agreement - ONE per year...

I like that idea. As I get older I increasingly miss not having a more complete photo album.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 3:31 am

Bustduster wrote:
Only with my shades on.

I hear that :P

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 4:59 am

Not really. My mom is not photogenic either. I think unphotogenicness runs in my family. A lot of people think I look too serious in pictures. If I try to make myself smile I look creepy.

Lunarflowermaiden
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Feb 2014, 5:32 am

I don't really know. I am so very rarely in any pictures, since I am usually the one taking them, I don't have many pictures of myself. At the time anyone takes my picture, I tend to feel incredibly awkward and don't really know what to do with myself.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 5:40 am

I'm terribly unphotogenic. Candids of me will scare little children. If I can see myself (as with a selfie) I can eventually force my face into a pretty mona lisa type of look.

Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 5:45 am

Nope, not at all. I'm the absolute worst.

If I'm forced to take selfies, it takes 50 tries to find one I can tolerate.