Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 11:25 pm

moi aussi :)

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 11:28 pm

I probably am too although I'd like to be more the logical type. I'd like to have better control of my emotions and not make impulsive decisions ect. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 11:29 pm

I'd be lot richer if I were able to spock it up more.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 2:11 am

I am not in touch with my feelings.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 9:18 am

I thought this was meaningful... and in accordance with what I wrote above ...

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt191255.html

AceOfSpades wrote:
The idea that we're more logical is BS. It's more like we're algorithmic thinkers, which means we're good at rule-based thinking but we're not good at making exceptions to these rules due to our rigidity. Also, that example of NT's being illogical is a bad one. The logicality of that saying depends on the context it is looked at. If you take it literally and think "Well homeless people are socially stigmatized more so than other people" then yeah it's going to seem illogical. If however you take the idea of friendship being mutual into context then it makes a lot of sense.

No one actually sees the world as what it is. Every fact is subject to interpretation. And I've seen plenty of Aspies here who are arrogant enough to think their opinions or subjective interpretations are facts. Let's stop putting ourselves at a pedestal and making ourselves out to be cyborgs.

1. I equate her statement of "rule based algorithmic thinking" to seeing order patterns, and then having "order expectancy" on how things should occur on subsequent interactions. "Order" is rules on how something should occur logically.

2. Sidenote: I would add to what AceofSpades wrote, and say that the difficulty in making exceptions to the rule is the reason NT people may say we lack common sense.