Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 3:11 am

..what about your life are you most proud about?

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 9:02 am

I'm 48.

Pride don't come natural to me but I guess for all the offers I have had I never did sell my soul. It's a good feeling ':mrgreen:'

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 9:12 am

<-- 57 years old.

Most proud of? I've much to be proud of, not the least of which is being an American. How to decide?

• Putting myself through university and earning an MSEE degree.
  • Joining the U.S. Navy at the age of 32 and earning one promotion in each of six years to 1st-Class Petty Officer.
  • Earning an Honorable Discharge from the U.S. Navy.
  • Marrying a beautiful woman who is now earning her own Master's Degree.
  • Raising three sons to adulthood without any of them being homeless or ending up dead or in prison.
  • Supporting children in third-world countries who value their own educations.
  • Serving voluntarily in a local homeless shelter.
All of this without ever knowing that I have an ASD, and that because of this, I was "supposed" to be unable so succeed at anything.

:roll: I guess I've shown them ...

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 1:50 pm

I'm 40 and I'm proud of dragging myself out of the s**t and becoming a responsible person capable of holding on to a job, bringing up my daughter and keeping a nice home all on my own. :D

I was told that I would be dead by the time I was 21, so I reckon I've shown them too. :wink:

RedStar98
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2014, 3:26 pm

I'm 15
I've been able to get A's and A*'s in all my subjects at school (with the exception of art with a B)

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 5:42 pm

I am 26 years old and so far, I am proud of being a straight-A student in high school, maintaining a relationship with my boyfriend, and having a job.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 6:37 pm

Getting into and graduating from a better university than ever thought I'd get into, despite nearly flunking out of high school. I also worked for 2/3 of it which gave my parents enough leftover money for a new room over their garage and my for my dad to buy a new pickup (they grew up poor so I think they appreciated that).

I was lucky that they could & did help, though, and that I happened to live near a junior college that was of sufficient quality to let me transfer to the U. of California system.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

24 Feb 2014, 7:57 pm

About to be 27, had my first relationship this year, graduated college last year, and am possibly about move out to L.A. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."