Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 9:24 pm

Maybe I am, once again in the wrong category but..

Whenever I put any information on the internet relating to a job, why does my email instantly flooded with job finding sites sending me leads for jobs, that all seem to be offerings from Temp Agencies. Why are all the career job sites sending referrals for Temp Agencies and how are so many places getting my email addy when I only put a feeler at one website. Same thing for educational sites. If I go to these places like Coursera, EdX, Open Course that are offering free classes, why dos my email get flooded with requests to contact all of these Online Universities like Kaplan (example) and what information sharing software enables this invasive and unsolicited activity? Certainly not the NSA.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2014, 7:01 pm

Quite simply! A spider we like to call a "Spambot" got your E-mail off a public site and started selling to every internet marketer they can.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2014, 7:28 pm

Spambotting should be an international offense punishable by exile to space with no protection or oxygen.

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 7:12 am

echo this, ban these people to Venus WITHOUT internet capabilities

anyone who sets up any type of spam IMO