Page 3 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 10:11 pm

Ah.
I couldn't delete that fast enough. Do have an idea, though.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 10:22 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
I'm often critical of Alex -and for a number of reasons- but this is his site and past or present he has done more than a majority of us for the Autism community. I believe a new delegate to handle the site as a chair would be ideal and Alex still be the public face, but you know...that's just my opinion, man. :P

I think a couple of the comments on this thread which got bumped (without being rude) prove why this site needs to exist. Other forums frankly wouldn't know WTF the users are on about nor would they give such users the time of day, whereas this forum time and time again will. We should be mindful of that level of generosity the current moderation team affords us.

That's right. On this forum I am given more respect than from different websites.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 7:47 am

Empathy wrote:
...stand up and be a leader...or keep walking...

Maybe you do not understand Alex is an advocate and not likely to do either. He does not have any kind of contract -- not even an implied one -- obligating him to either do or to not do anything at this site, and neither can he be intimidated into doing or not doing one thing or another. Are all things perfect for all of us here? Certainly not, but this wrong planet is still far more fitting than any other.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 10:36 am

Does anyone jump into a thread several pages in and wonder wtf is going on?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 10:45 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Does anyone jump into a thread several pages in and wonder wtf is going on?

Yes often.

But some are funny like when there are misspellings in the headline.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 11:13 am

If I'm curious, I'll read the whole thread. Once, I read a whole thread of like 110 pages.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 11:38 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If I'm curious, I'll read the whole thread. Once, I read a whole thread of like 110 pages.

Yeah :lol: I've gone through a 1000 page thread before :roll:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 5:31 pm

I've never met him in person. I think he's a great person, though. He's the one who started WP. I have a place to go where everybody knows my name and the problems are the same.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 5:48 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've never met him in person. I think he's a great person, though. He's the one who started WP. I have a place to go where everybody knows my name and the problems are the same.

Yeah , I know making your way in the world today takes everything you've got and taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot :D

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2017, 12:45 pm

To Alex.

This thread, along with many other threads are being boycotted again, by the same selfish, unreasonable antagonistic people, and what does this American site leader do? as usual, rally in to everyones boycotts about other members.
Unless you're here, what do you know and who do you trust, to give feedback about the forum?

I won't feel bad in saying I have appealed for other members, who by statutory demand, became too 'full on' for the likes of other people here. I think it would be a joke for everyone to pretend that we are all 'okay', as long as someone gets the blame.

I will tell you all this right now. I am NOT okay with it, despite whatever you lot have, I have it too, and am in no way bullying the forum of other members, which is why some haven't decided to show their faces around here again because they feel that this forum has been defeatist and decided for them. Other people have posted loads of stuff online about this site which is enough to put anyone off, yes about the general 'terminators', but also by the way they had been treated. Thoughtlessly.. its no wonder people still have something arrogant to say to other people.
If it doesn't escalate from the womens forum or the so called relationship parts of the forums, it has the ability to track down members in virutally all parts which they want to use and then, as if by magic, get witch hunted out and then thats it.
One problem is not everyones problem, but then again it can't be, so general respect is all that is needed.

This forum has to, needs to, be about facts, but not all facts are carved out in stone, and unless some members get to grips with other countries using this portal, then they have NO opinions, because party shame has instigated it. And doing whatever you want to better yourself and doing whats right for you, is not actually reflected on other people, because we are not ambassadors for someone elses success.
Autism may dictate, but it doesn't rule and it can make life hell for other people who don't deserve it, its about learning to cope with it and not saying you were right all along,'i will often pick up on it later.'
It doesn't matter what someones rank is either, their opinions are derived of rank are not much better than anyone else.
I don't care how old you are either, if i don't know you, I don't have to like or respond to you.

As for feeling appraised, by other memnbers as I'm sure he will, if he doesn't take on board seriously how people are feeling and what we are telling him, then he won't have to deal with it any more will he? so what's stopping him publicly abusing anyone? Being a leader is not doing what everyone else thinks is best, or enhancing a career move, its about dealing with problems unbiasedly and sensibly.
As far as I'm concerned, how can Alex be a natural leader as he is never here.. so maybe he should start paying the ones who are and, are unselfishly contributing.
I don't care if this site is American, I care about tolerance issues, and trainng people correctly so they can handle what the forum abuse is all about, their end.
Merry Xmas, and happy Hanukkha.

Last edited by Empathy on 09 Dec 2017, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2017, 12:59 pm

alex wrote:
I "met" him once in passing but he was very rude/dismissive.

Nah, that was me. I am rude and dismissive. Alex is quite funny. He should do comedy. I met him at the 2015 IMfAR International Meeting for Autism Research conference.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2017, 1:13 pm

I haven’t had any problems with this forum lately. I think Alex is doing a decent job.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2017, 3:03 pm

Empathy wrote:

This thread, along with many other threads are being boycotted again, by the same selfish, unreasonable antagonistic people

By boycotted do you mean they are not being posted on by said people ? If so , that's a good thing isn't it ?

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 7:27 am

leejosepho wrote:
Empathy wrote:
leejosepho wrote:
Quote:
...a site that has outgrown its life expectancy...

I do not know who might have been expecting less, but yes, quite impressive!

If I'd have wanted a seminar I'd have asked for one...

What?!

Empathy wrote:
...I think its possible you can outlive and outgrow both.

Both what?

Empathy wrote:
The decision to take the lead...and then disappear occasionally and...return...means the simple issues don't get dealt with...

For example? And also, do you believe some kind of contract has been broken?
neither can he be intimidated into doing or not doing one thing or another. Are all things perfect for all of us here?
Certainly not..

Empathy wrote:
I'd rather there be a frequent and responsive delegate here...

Have you contacted Alex to offer?

Nothing is perfect, nothing is cut out, people are just pawns in the face of adversity.

I know what I said before was perhaps a little harsh,.. (no different to the treatment we've all had),but I was aiming it at certain individuals who have biasedly and callously calculated everybody else's moves on here. You could call me a written advocate, not a self certified spoken one. I'm probably going down the wrong road with this, but this isn't a place for a die hard cult, it's just a way of life, so why make it harder for everybody else who uses it?

I don't know what the perfect definition is, but an advocate, is someone who can speak up for others and act on their unspoken behalf.
You don't have to jump between different cesspools to do that either, I might be a forum user and I am by no means a follower, but I try to be a good listener, and I will give honest input as and when required.
I've said that Alex is a bit of a bystander here and not a site Guru, and I am going to avoid the use of that name
as Indian spammers haven't go down too well in the past. He needs to take full responsibility for himself so
others can take a lead for themselves too.
A leader makes unbiased decisions, supports his own advocates, not buys into it, along with all fellow people,.
Deleting whole threads doesn't bother me, its what is allowed to continue under certain conditions and repeat repertoire, that is bad.
Sinking into unchartered waters is one thing, but when you are a complex man coming back to a place that reminds you of your misspelt youth and where it all started from, you obviously take these problems with you. Nothing has to be perfect but it can be self disciplined and contained, reminding users on a guiding footstool, where they should be at.
Of course this is just a misshapen dream, I'm type writing big letters in my sleep because the site shut itself on me, but people need self discipline at times and to take responsibility for themselves and others, I'd rather not argue the loss of this sites credentials, and it's one sure big loss atm. I suspect the old cliché of kindness by default, is what's masking what lies underneath, and disobeying some group protocol to attend to someone in need is just another old cliché, which is no different than core supporting them during an illness.
I suppose i should be thankful I've got some empathy left in the reserve tank or I'd have to steal the Alex painkillers from him.
You should be able to ask for help if you need it, but it doesn't state anywhere who these co workers/elders are.
Someone is giving him their permission to attend another seminar, but it will just be a better one than here.
I wonder if he's branded himself a historic home failure yet, to write others off is one thing, to name yourself after a rich bible consensus.. desperation sets in. How holy art thou.. :|

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 7:47 am

Someone sure has a burr up their ass. Not that I can entirely comprehended wtf they're gibbering about.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 7:57 am

Empathy wrote:
... Unless you're here, what do you know and who do you trust, to give feedback about the forum?

Has Alex or anyone else asked for feedback about the forum?