Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 6:12 pm

I was reading skibum's thread about Jane Austin and thinking about how if there is a hell, it really shouldn't be fire because that's overkill. I mean if you're burning up all the time, all you'll ever be able to think about is that, how would you even be able to regret your sins (since that's the whole purpose)?

I think for me, hell would be good punishment if I was forced to participate in normal, nonautistic type things.

Always having another person in close proximity to me.
Having to watch a lot of Oprah.
Never being able to write or draw to express my feelings, it always has to be done verbally.
Never being allowed to read anything but Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey, and of course Jane Austen.
Have to go to big party once a week.

There's more, but that right there would be enough to make me miserable, but still allow me to reflect on whatever I was supposed to be reflecting on. Maybe I shouldn't write this, the big guy upstairs (if he exists) might get some ideas!

What would be your hell?

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 6:18 pm

I had better not answer this... :evil:

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 6:20 pm

The suburban life. I would have to get married to a boring to talk to, sports obsessed, hypermasculine alpha male. I would have four kids with him. The kids will be super hyper, misbehaved and sports obsessed. I would be a stay at home mom constantly yelling at my kids and doing household chores. I would invite my friends over for dinner parties and talk about the weather.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 6:20 pm

I am in hell for 6 days out of 7, because I'm constantly surrounded by people, noise and chaos. I have adapted to it though.

On a Sunday I get a little bit of paradise where I get to spend a whole 5 or 6 hours in my own company.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 6:23 pm

JSBACHlover wrote:
I had better not answer this... :evil:

Pm me, you know I understand where you are coming from - I'd like to hear your answer.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 6:28 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre once said, "Hell is other people." Most days I'm inclined to agree.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 7:32 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
Jean-Paul Sartre once said, "Hell is other people." Most days I'm inclined to agree.

Indeed ^ From his book, No Exit.

I know there is no hell, but if there were to be a hell, then that is where bullies go! :evil: So, my own definition of hell.....hmm. Having to be around self-righteous bullies, which includes therapists. The Lab Pet detests therapists, for deserved reasons, so being in their presence is hell.

Then we'd all go shopping together at a big screaming mall :evil:
Then we'd watch dumb-ass chick-flick movies :evil:
Then cheer on football, shouting like trained monkeys :evil:
Talk about money, their oh-so-glorious sex lives, their own religious beliefs and gossip :evil:
To top it off, they'd all crowd around and tease me :evil:

Yup, that would do it. In fact, I'd rather just burn up in flames. Sigh.

But WAIT!! ! Then there would be a reprieve! The Lab Pet would be allowed to throw hot sauce in their eyes and run for my own life! Escape.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 7:39 pm

*doctor KoR prescribes wozeree an eternity of front row tickets to the smug bastd jeremy kyles show plus the classic DNA test and lie detector test and drugs test carried out on a show*.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 7:57 pm

what if hell just isn't?

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 9:55 pm

Hell is not a good place to go. Eternal loneliness, regret, anxiety, physical torture, total disconnection for any other person or God. Nothing in this world can compare to it.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 10:44 pm

JSBACHlover wrote:
Hell is not a good place to go. Eternal loneliness, regret, anxiety, physical torture, total disconnection for any other person or God. Nothing in this world can compare to it.

a good and all-powerful god wouldn't do that to anyone.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 10:55 pm

OH no, don't start a religious fight. It was just a thought experiment about what would be the worse kind of eternal punishment, not a political statement.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 11:01 pm

JSBACHlover wrote:

That sounds pretty bad, but I still think mine sounds worse (hope I don't end finding out in person that you are right - or I'm right, for that matter).

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 11:01 pm

Aside from what the Bible says about Hell....

I'm amazed at how we humans can create our own Hell in this world. I don't just mean cruelty towards one another. I mean the ways we can submit ourselves to torment because of our own perceived need to be punished for something we've done.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 11:02 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Aside from what the Bible says about Hell....

I'm amazed at how we humans can create our own Hell in this world. I don't just mean cruelty towards one another. I mean the ways we can submit ourselves to torment because of our own perceived need to be punished for something we've done.

That is so true!

LifUlfur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2014, 5:02 am

I don't remember who said this so I apologise but:

"Hell is what we make of it"
something along those lines or
"We've created our own personal hell"