Any college study tips ya'll can give me?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

FunkMasterMike
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2014, 4:09 am

Hello everyone! I am attending college this fall semester. (this is the 3rd attempt, but this time as a person with HFA and bipolar, I'm properly medicated.

I for one, am terrible at math. I will get tutoring, but just making it "stick" will take quite a long time. I barely can pass pre-algebra. So when it comes to that, I'll have to study extra hard. I understand flash cards, and brushing up before/after the class is ideal as well.

Do you find it easier to study alone or in a group on a hard subject?
Any other tips anyone else may have?

crstlgls
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jun 2021, 8:22 am

You don't say what major you want to study. I'm doing environmental engineering. Plan on taking Calculus twice if your major requires it. I got a better grade on the second try because I understood the material better. Your major will dictate what classes you need. Start at the community college as well. It saves money and you can transfer the classes to a 4 year institution. You'll need student loans at a University, but you won't need them as much at a community college. Also, don't take more classes than you can handle. Start with 2 and adjust accordingly. I can just about handle 2. And choose in-state public schools to keep down the tuition cost when choosing a 4 year institution to transfer to.