Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 11:37 am

Just wanted to share the good news: I finally (after 1.5 years) got to know exactly when my assessment starts! On the 26th this month. Pretty worried/anxious about the assessment but I'm looking forward to it. I hope it'll give me some answers. The psychologist told me we'll need to meet up 7-10 times (not sure how long each meeting is) and that we'll be done by the summer.

I barely know anything about how an assessment is done here. I don't know what kind of tests are included or what we're going to talk about. I'd like to ask you about what kinds of tests are usually included in an assessment but perhaps it's better if I don't know that much about it? Anyway, I'm nervous but I'm thankful for finally getting somewhere.

Not sure what kind of response I'm looking for. Just wanted to give you some sort of update.

schnozzles
Raven
Raven

05 Mar 2014, 12:10 pm

Hurrah! That's great news. Gratulerar :)

And good luck, I hope you get what you need from your assessment and subsequent sessions. Are you having the tests etc in Sweden? I have friends in Sweden (one is a specialpedagog) who have dealings with autistic kids etc and when I told them I had (undiagnosed) Aspergers and we got into a whole conversation about it, they were really positive about the whole system.

Em

You are probably an Aspie.

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 3:11 pm

Thanks! Yes, I'm having the tests here in Sweden. Good to hear you've heard good things about the system here. Hopefully things will go well.

michael517
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 3:17 pm

Really dumb question, it takes 7-10 days to get diagnosed?

I cannot see me taking 7 of the 15 days off I get at work to go repeatedly to a doctor, I would rather spend that time with my kids. I love those days.

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 3:18 pm

michael517 wrote:
Really dumb question, it takes 7-10 days to get diagnosed?

I cannot see me taking 7 of the 15 days off I get at work to go repeatedly to a doctor, I would rather spend that time with my kids. I love those days.

Not 7-10 whole days. I think one meeting might be an hour (maybe two) or something and you meet up about once a week.