Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

SherlockTheUnicorn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Mar 2014, 5:05 pm

This really bothers me. Apparently my face does not reflect what I'm feeling. I am constantly getting comments like "oh you look like you're confused!" or "you look angry!" or "what's wrong? You look sad." when in fact I'm none of these things, usually I'm just daydreaming and not really thinking about anything. But also sometimes I am happy and apparently this doesn't show, because people tell me to cheer up. :?

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 5:08 pm

Not always. My facial expressions seem to be rather inconsistent, as far as I can tell.

LittlePigLocksmith
Raven
Raven

05 Mar 2014, 10:04 pm

I have the same problem. Usually it doesn't bother me, but there have been a few times when I've seen a family member for the first time in a long time and they think something's upsetting me and I have to keep telling them that I'm fine. That gets irritating after a while though and eventually it ceases to be true... but other than those rare occasions, it doesn't bother me.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 10:14 pm

Apparently not. People say I look happy or joyful, when I'm actually feeling miserable. They ask if I'm ok when I'm feeling fine. They say I look confused when I feel irritated. I wish people would just quit paying any attention to what my faces look like because NO ONE CAN READ IT.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 10:23 pm

Other than expressing the extreme emotions, I don't express subtle feelings in any facial expression or body language. It can be an advantage even, considering I don't have to mask my feelings that well in facial expressions. Otherwise I've been told I have a likeable smile. :)

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 10:42 pm

Only when happy, that I know of.

Layla93
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Mar 2014, 10:45 pm

I think my face and emotions match for the most part. Though I have had people at work freak out because they thought I was almost in tears when there was nothing wrong. So I don't know. I don't look at my face all that much.

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2014, 7:45 pm

My daughter says I look weird sometimes if I'm daydreaming or under stress ( get togethers)

I recently saw a video of myself being interviewed at my sons wedding and I simply didn't recognise myself ( mannerisms \ expressions \ voice \ eyes were completely different to what I thought I was really like ! !!

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2014, 8:44 pm

My face matches a wall.

theglenster
Raven
Raven

07 Mar 2014, 6:26 am

haha i am constantly fending of people i know asking why the long face, when inside i can be full of joy. got to the point that when im with people im constantly wondering if my facial expression is smiling enough.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 6:29 am

theglenster wrote:
haha i am constantly fending of people i know asking why the long face, when inside i can be full of joy. got to the point that when im with people im constantly wondering if my facial expression is smiling enough.

This is the same as me.

I think I'm expressionless.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 7:39 am

People who know me well enough tend to know what I am feeling as they are used to my mannerisms and 'quirkiness'. However, those who don't know tend to think I am feeling something I am not and, in some cases, instead of asking me how I am feeling, make assumptions and this really annoys me. I don't mind if people ask as I know my face can sometimes be hard to read, I just hate it when people tell me what I am feeling when they have no idea.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 7:47 am

If very happy or very angry/upset yes.
Other than that very few people can tell my mood by my facial expression, which is usually as deadpan and kinda cross looking as my avatar. Except I'm usually looking away some or looking down instead of dead on.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 8:03 am

Quote:
This really bothers me. Apparently my face does not reflect what I'm feeling. I am constantly getting comments like "oh you look like you're confused!" or "you look angry!" or "what's wrong? You look sad." when in fact I'm none of these things, usually I'm just daydreaming and not really thinking about anything. But also sometimes I am happy and apparently this doesn't show, because people tell me to cheer up.

I have the exact same problem. It's very frustrating. People also think I'm nervous when I'm not. That can be really annoying.