Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 2:35 pm

This takes curb your dog to a whole new level.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/09/o ... p-dispute/

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 2:50 pm

Maybe if the other guy, and several bystanders were armed with A-K's, this terrible tragedy could have been averted :wink: .

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 3:39 pm

There's no reason to shoot someone over their dog pooping in your yard. If a neighbours dog poops in your yard, the solution is pretty easy: scoop up the dog poop, put it in a plastic bag, then leave the bag with the dog poop in front of the neighbours door with a note saying "I just wanted to return your dog poop".

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 4:37 pm

Quote:
A fight ensued, during which the officer pulled out his weapon and fired backwards at the victim, who was behind the officer at the time and was struck in the leg.

If someone had caught that on video it would have been interesting to see exactly how that happened.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 6:41 pm

Doesn't suprise me that this happened in the city of brotherly shoveitupyerf******arse. Filthydelphians are, in my not so humble opinion the rudest citizens in the U.S. In magnitude of rudeness, they're worse than New Yorkers and Northern New Jersey Residents.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 7:35 pm

At least the cop didn't shoot the dog, which they seem to have a knack for doing at the drop of a hat.
:evil:

iBlockhead
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Mar 2014, 10:03 pm

Misslizard wrote:
This takes curb your dog to a whole new level.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/09/o ... p-dispute/

I actually thought you were really, really late...

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Man-Killed-Over-Dog-Dispute-Cops--139318818.html

This is apparently a different case!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 10:07 pm

Something about dog poop must drive Philadelphians mad.

iBlockhead
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Mar 2014, 10:10 pm

Raptor wrote:
At least the cop didn't shoot the dog, which they seem to have a knack for doing at the drop of a hat.

Knowing the Philly cops, he was probably aiming for the dog and shot the guy instead.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 1:05 am

iBlockhead wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Knowing the Philly cops, he was probably aiming for the dog and shot the guy instead.

Beat me to it! I've shot at the same ranges as the cops, and I've never seen a more uniformly unsafe, inaccurate, and generally unwise to be in the vicinity of when using a firearm group. My ex employer who does tactical training for law enforcement used to privately observe that he'd rather have the cops shoot at him than at the guy standing next to him, and that in 20 years of shooting professionally his ranking of safest and most accurate shooters goes: competition shooters, CCW holders, general population, military, police.

luanqibazao
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 1:21 am

That seems mean. Not only is the guy shot, he's likely to fall down in the dog poop.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 9:10 am

Dox47 wrote:
iBlockhead wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Beat me to it! I've shot at the same ranges as the cops, and I've never seen a more uniformly unsafe, inaccurate, and generally unwise to be in the vicinity of when using a firearm group. My ex employer who does tactical training for law enforcement used to privately observe that he'd rather have the cops shoot at him than at the guy standing next to him, and that in 20 years of shooting professionally his ranking of safest and most accurate shooters goes: competition shooters, CCW holders, general population, military, police.

But according to the antis, only the police have the training and expertise to use a handgun......

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 1:36 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
Doesn't suprise me that this happened in the city of brotherly shoveitupyerf******arse. Filthydelphians are, in my not so humble opinion the rudest citizens in the U.S. In magnitude of rudeness, they're worse than New Yorkers and Northern New Jersey Residents.

Guess so. 8O

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 3:36 pm

The cop was off-duty when he called the dog owner out over the owner's dog pooping on his lawn.

The owner left, then came back without his dog and assaults the cop. At that point, he got shot in the leg.

There are several instances of police misconduct out there, I don't think this is one of them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 4:23 pm

MDD123 wrote:
The cop was off-duty when he called the dog owner out over the owner's dog pooping on his lawn.

The owner left, then came back without his dog and assaults the cop. At that point, he got shot in the leg.

There are several instances of police misconduct out there, I don't think this is one of them.

If those are the facts, I tend to agree.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 7:09 pm

MDD123 wrote:

So, it was self defines then?