billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 11:17 pm

do,Conservative have rights any more,or do
only Liberals have rights now a day.
Why do Liberals hate conservative opinion,
so much,That any time a conservative disagree
with a Liberals.Liberals try to censored them.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 11:57 pm

What are conservative rights?
To never pay taxes?
Hah!
Dream on!

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 11:58 pm

What.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 12:08 am

billiscool wrote:

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
-William F. Buckley

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 12:18 am

View to what? Everyone seems to be allowed to express their views at any given time. They can and do on both side. Are both going to get their way? NO. That's life. Conservatives aren't always gonna get their way. I swear it is so infantile the way they act when they don't get their way. They can be like little spoiled children.
Sometimes the conservative gets their way, sometimes not. It's because most do not agree and we have that system here. Majority wins.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 12:39 am

when a conservative disagree with a liberal.
Liberal:''whoa,Bro,your like a total hater,you need
to shut up,Man''
other Liberal:''yeah,man,we Believe freedom of speech,
but you Conservative are Like total hater,we can't
have you speak at the convention,Bro''

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 1:03 am

What is it they say? There's no clear, concrete examples here. Give me an example of what is considered hate speech.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 1:18 am

billiscool wrote:
when a conservative disagree with a liberal.
Liberal:''whoa,Bro,your like a total hater,you need
to shut up,Man''
other Liberal:''yeah,man,we Believe freedom of speech,
but you Conservative are Like total hater,we can't
have you speak at the convention,Bro''

Here's how I put it: conservatives think liberals are wrong, liberals think conservatives are evil.

Watch, some liberal will come along and try to argue 'but Dox, conservatives are evil' and cite some anecdote or mention some particular conservative jackass and try to generalize that onto conservatives as a whole.

My money's on Kraichgauer, but Auntblabby or Arrantpariah are possibilities, as are a few newcomers to the demonize conservatives game.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 1:23 am

I still don't know what it is conservatives want besides not to pay taxes. Well that's what everyone wants but we all know that aint ever gonna happen so might as well get something out of what you put in, right? Like roads, schools, services of some kind.
I mean it is time for conservatives to wake up and face the reality. It's taxes. They aren't ever going to go away. They just aren't. Every tax break adds more debt that's the truth. It's not a real break. It is just part of spending.
Most conservatives have no idea what it means to reduce spending all together. It means shrinking the economy. There won't be as much money in circulation. Everyone would lose money in the deal. If the government were to do that, conservatives would suffer too then they would just find another reason to blame the government for their miserable state of mind. It's just misery. Find a hobby for God's sake!! ! Find some joy out of life. Conservatives honestly never seem to be satisfied with anything. If something goes wrong, which, inevitably, it will, they just blame someone else, like the government or liberals. They often have a piss poor understanding of the way the economy works, as in, it's theoretically impossible for everyone to become wealthy. There's just not enough money in circulation for that to happen. So they think if the government will just wave a magic wand and do what the conservative wants he will become wealthy and when whatever he does doesn't create the results he expects, he blames the government. That's all conservatives seem to want to do, pass the blame for every failure in their life onto the government.
Sometimes you just have to face reality and figure out you will not always get your way in everything. It's called growing up.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 2:13 am

Here's the thing: you're free to say whatever you want, but you're not free from the social consequences thereof.
Basically, what the OP is complaining about is that, in his current environment, he is outnumbered by people who disagree with him.

Lostathome
Raven
Raven

10 Mar 2014, 2:36 am

Honestly, it's a personal thing for me. Like I literally just said in another thread, my political views depend on who would be most beneficial to me if they got into power. Conservatives would be very bad for me. Conservatives do not care about the disabled, they do not care about welfare, they don't care about the poor. That means for me to survive, they must not rule.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 2:45 am

billiscool wrote:

I think I know what the OP means. There are many examples of conservative speech which has been censored by liberals; such as the right to use bigoted language on the airwaves. Then there's Glen Beck, who had his ability to incite violence against democrats hampered when liberals organised an advertising boycott of his show.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 2:53 am

Stannis wrote:
billiscool wrote:

I think I know what the OP means. There are many examples of conservative speech which has been censored by liberals; such as the right to use bigoted language on the airwaves. Then there's Glen Beck, who had his ability to incite violence against democrats hampered when liberals organised an advertising boycott of his show.

If you want to hear conservatives using bigoted language, all you have to do is listen to conservative talk radio.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 5:22 am

the liberal media ignores and censors anything that differs from their ideals.
I see lots of supposed peaceful liberals threaten people who think different then them.
The tea party certainly does hate disable people, but the conservatives don't. most disabled vets are Conservative.

there's many other issues besides taxes.
guns
nsa spying
government expansion
restriction on the right to protest
government restrictions putting companies out of business
government bad investments of tax payers money into failing companies.
the fact that the Department of education, department of post office, the department of ___ all these non combat agencies are now buying tons of guns and ammo. why do people inspecting schools need m4's why does the guy driving a post truck need a m4. its getting crazy. whether its for some bad reason or just to spend money. The whole if you don't spend 10k this month next months budget will give you 8k.

I support gay marriage, welfare, food stamps, right to reasonable abortions. education. etc.

I'm more middle ground, so I see the bad from both parties.

liberals are more close minded though from my experience. I can get conservatives to understand why we need welfare, but I can't get liberals to see any point but their own.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 5:28 am

Ann Coulter speech at Fordham cancelled after Univ. President attacks College Republicans

Rutgers University cancels Condoleeza Rice’s invitation to be Commencement Speaker and receive an honorary degree, as she fails to meet the standards of “exemplary citizenship” and “moral authority.”

Jan 29, 2014 - The nation’s top 25 liberal arts colleges all imperil free speech according to a study released Monday by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni (ACTA).

Liberals believe that the individual deserves only whatever rights the State chooses to grant them. Individualism is suppressed and regarded as subservient to the State, as the good of the State is paramount. For liberals, truth is not important, preservation of self-image and lifestyle is. Conversely, Conservatism worships at the altar of individualism. The State gets only whatever rights the individual chooses to grant it. Conservatives believe that the State works for them and not the other way around.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 6:31 am

Shrapnel wrote:
liberals believe that the individual deserves only whatever rights the State chooses to grant them.

I don't know anyone who believes this. As a matter of practicality, though, it is usually a good idea for citizens to respect the laws of the land.

Shrapnel wrote:
Individualism is suppressed and regarded as subservient to the State, as the good of the State is paramount.

Whose individualism? If you're talking about "individualism," as defined by those with privilege being unrestricted in their tyranny over those without privilege, then I wish
that kind of, "individualism," would be suppressed for once. If you're talking about civil rights; they are under attack from both sides of politics.

Anyone who wants to press their interests in the political arena, will get nothing done unless they join forces with like minded people. A large part of the U.SA's cult of the individual propaganda, has to do with preventing this from happening for the unprivileged. If people don't care about what happens to each other, then they are unlikely to come to each others aid as they take part in democratic struggles, and the power stays right where it is. Caring about each other is not only our most admirable instinct, it is the primary source of the political power of the masses. It is this instinct that the cult of the individual seeks to undermine.

Shrapnel wrote:
For liberals, truth is not important, preservation of self-image and lifestyle is.

I think you're just baiting here.

Shrapnel wrote:
Conservatism worships at the altar of individualism.

Yes, and I've explained why that is.

Shrapnel wrote:
For conservatives, The State gets only whatever rights the individual chooses to grant it.

Are you saying that people should be able to choose which laws they want to obey? We live in a society with people who have different needs, wants and interests to ourselves, and that means we shouldn't expect to get everything we want.

Shrapnel wrote:
Conservatives believe that the State works for them and not the other way around.

If billionaire conservatives believe that, then they are right.

Last edited by Stannis on 10 Mar 2014, 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.