Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

mahfouz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Mar 2014, 3:05 am

i'm new here. i don't know what to say. i am undiagnosed. i took the test and i got
"aspie 158 out of 200
NT 58 out of 200
you are very likely an aspie"

i can't afford the diagnostic so please no condescending "we don't like self-diagnosis around here" bs like i just got in the chatroom. if you want to be abusive go punch yourself in the face.

i understand that maybe i have or don't have it all i know is that once i started reading about high functioning autism and aspergers EVERYTHING IN MY LIFE MAKES SENSE NOW. i have been crying on and off for over a day now as i process all of this. i feel a great sense of relief but also an increased loneliness - can i ever be really understood by people around me? how can i take this understanding and live a more fulfilled life? i'm also realizing that there have been certain people in my life who "got" me when no one else did, and realizing how precious those connections really were and are.

anyways i hope i can find something here and offer something here.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 8:48 am

Welcome :)

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Mar 2014, 2:58 pm

I wonder by what authority that person told you that "we don't lke self-diagnosis around here." WP has 80,000 members - this person presumes to speak for them all?

Please don't be put off by that. Self-diagnosis is common around here and diagnosis costs money, of which some of us have not much.

I finally got a formal diagnosis at age 57. Before that I was accepted at WP and grew in self-esteem and understanding. Also I met some idiots. :lol: It happens.

Welcome!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 3:08 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

mahfouz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2014, 2:47 am

thanks for the welcomes

that reception in the chat room kind of rattled me but i am already appreciating this community and feel i have grown immensely in just the couple of days i have been here!

<3

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 9:51 am

Welcome! :)

NotThatClever13
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Mar 2014, 1:46 pm

Welcome!

While professional diagnosis can be important since many different disorders have overlap and such. Sometimes that is just not possible for a large number of reasons. Someone should not treat you with disrespect just because of this. If you find you relate to people here and are able to learn more about yourself and improve your life then that's all that really matters. Just be careful not to make yourself more ASD because you want to fit a diagnosis.

Hart
Toucan
Toucan

12 Mar 2014, 7:38 am

Welcome :D

"If you're not actively involved in getting what you want, you don't really want it."
- Peter MC Williams