Are you intimidated by authority figures?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 10:45 pm

I was up until maybe my late teens or early twenties. Now, I'm not intimidated by hardly anyone. For the most part I really dislike cops. I know a few of them that I like but mostly I don't like or trust them.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a quiet and peaceful garden where Mick Avory-like Sweet Peas grow

13 Mar 2014, 10:51 pm

I had a fear of authourity figures when I was younger. I don't fear them as much now.

Kanye West 2020

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

HamtaroCappy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Mar 2014, 9:42 pm

For the most part, yeah.

The only authority figures that don't intimidate me are the ones who are actually nice.

Also, a few teachers. The kind who are glorified babysitters at best and only give their students packets; don't actually teach them. (Where I live, the education system isn't so good, so there's quite a few of these at my school>

Frankie_J
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Mar 2014, 8:20 pm

I often find authority corrupt and very very VERY unfair. So, my feelings towards authority are normally anger, hatred, defiance and other similar emotions. I'm stubborn and individual as well as passionate about justice and fairness, so authority is something I cannot get along with.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 8:46 pm

Yes. But now I am an authority figure. Muhahahah.

droppy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2014, 5:00 am

Not even a bit.
I used to be intimidated by my teachers when I was 6-7 but then I developed ODD and I haven't been intimidated by any other authority figure anymore.

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 8:09 am

I've worked with, and for authority figures most of my life. I've pretty much become one in my own trade.
So generaly no.

I hate the police. They are liing, caniving, decietful, bastages who are way over the top with their "bully" mentality. I would never trust one of those pricks with my hankerchief.

ouroborosUK
Toucan
Toucan

16 Mar 2014, 8:24 am

I don't really care about them. I feel the whole "authority" thing is mostly an obstacle for communication (authority figures expect you to acknowledge their authority and to communicate in special way depending on that). If the authority person is otherwise an interesting or intelligent person it is just a pity (and that is, I think, why intelligent and caring people in leadership position work hard to remain accessible). If he is not, it is irrelevant anyway. I am more afraid of being singled out by the whole social community because I did something somehow inappropriate than of the judgement of some individual person who happen to have a prominent status in society.

A bit obsessed with vocabulary, semantics and using the right words. Sorry if it is a concern. It's the way I think, I am not hair-splitting or attacking you.

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 6:34 pm

Police?
No. I Haven't done anything wrong.