For older aspies, do you feel like a teenager?

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 1:19 pm

I felt too depressed as a teenager to really use that time to feel young. Now I feel I missed something, and need the time to make it up or something.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 6:39 pm

I'm 28 and sometimes get mistaken for a teenager based on physical features.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 9:54 pm

yes but a douchey one.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 12:11 am

It's said that we have an emotional maturity level of ~2/3rds our chronological age, so it makes perfect sense that someone on the spectrum would feel like a teenager still at 26.

I'm 36. I don't feel like a teenager on a regular basis, but every once in a while maybe.

Also, I'd just like to point out that "you're only as old as the people you feel," soon sometimes I guess I do feel 18/19. :mrgreen:

Piri Alchami
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Feb 2019, 12:52 am

I feel my age most of the time. Though there are occasions where I do feel younger. It makes me wonder why this is so... Does anyone know anything about this "lack" of maturity?

Rustifer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Feb 2019, 2:34 am

In the sense that I don't truly care about authority, yes. However, I understand why these silly humans need authority figures. So lame, but this is what I have to deal with.

When in Rome...

Rustifer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Feb 2019, 2:36 am

Piri Alchami wrote:
I feel my age most of the time. Though there are occasions where I do feel younger. It makes me wonder why this is so... Does anyone know anything about this "lack" of maturity?

It's like Q from Star Trek TNG being all wise, seeing the utter absurdity of it all, and not being able to help but be outwardly irreverent despite being deeply serious in his intentions.

yogiB1
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Feb 2019, 8:37 am

I’m 27 and I sometimes feel like a teenager inside. Like when my boss was talking about the position I’m moving into (a really pivotal role in the company) and I thought to myself.. aren’t adults supposed to have these types of jobs? Almost like I was too young or something. Then I realized oh wait, I’m an adult, going to be 30 in a few years.. I guess this is a job for someone like me.

I don’t act like I did when I was a teenager, but deep down sometimes I feel like I’m years behind.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 10:55 am

At 54, I feel like a young woman in her early 20s in terms of life experience, but I'm catching up. I feel younger and more vital now than I felt ten years ago.

Piri Alchami
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Feb 2019, 6:46 pm

Rustifer wrote:
Piri Alchami wrote:

It's like Q from Star Trek TNG being all wise, seeing the utter absurdity of it all, and not being able to help but be outwardly irreverent despite being deeply serious in his intentions.

Sorry, I don't follow the reference to Q from Star Trek...the Next Generation, I'm assuming..

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 9:04 pm

Yes, I still have the thin figure associated more with teenagers that those my age! I can slowly lower myself to the ground and get back up without using my hands.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 6:16 pm

I think I'm living my teen years now. At least, judging by the state of my house. :oops:

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 10:24 pm

I wouldn't say I feel like a teenager, I never was real involved with teenage life even when I was in my teens. I do often feel quieter a bit younger though, especially in terms of life things (like the usual experiences). My conduct and maturity most of the time I think is mostly on par. When I was around 24 one of my cousins told me I act like I'm 40.