AS woman's childbirth labor - Pain or No Pain?

Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 9:36 am

I'm not female, I just felt like noting that Atheism generally doesn't have anything to do with faith, it has to do with lack of faith in a God, although some Atheists have actually have faith that there is no God. I would also like to note that some Atheists are actually Religious, for example you can get Bhuddhist Atheists, Christian Atheists, ect. Lack of Religion (Or Religious association) is known as being Secular not Atheist.

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

MayB
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 May 2007, 5:07 am

Hi, everybody! I'm new here at WP. :D

I didn't feel any pain. In fact, I was halfway thru the birth without having the slightest clue. :o I was outdoor playing soccer with my dog, and I went to the hospital only because I was starting to bleed a bit.
But giving birth in a hospital... it was an awful experience! 8O All the nagging and all the strangers, the noise, smell... Awful... I was "disconnected" most of the time, and the midwife started to tease me because she thought I was falling asleep.
Nonetheless, I gave birth to a wonderful son. Love him very much, and I wouldn't be whitout him!

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2007, 11:45 pm

I've had six children. Three of them were born at home, the first and last were Csections, and one was a nightmare hospital birth, VBAC.

In my opinion, childbirth is THE most painful thing, next to a severely broken heart, that I have ever experienced. I did everything natural, exercised a lot, and I was and am pretty tough. I've broken my arm and not gone to the doctor for it, kept working on the farm....

My first vaginal birth (the VBAC at hospital) was so incredibly painful that I just fell completely apart and screamed at the top of my lungs for hours one end and finally gave up and decided that I'd just die. They had to remove him with vacuum extraction.

The others were easier than that, but they were still.....like having a bowling ball make of fire stuck in your pelvis for hours, and the only way to get rid of it was to force it out and make it hurt even worse. The recoveries were bad, too....I bleed a lot and it took me over a month to feel semi-normal again.

jewelie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2007, 12:09 pm

ghostgurl wrote:
I could never give birth.

This just struck me as kinda funny, and made me remember the terror of being in labor.
No one could give birth if it was a voluntary act.
That's the terror of it. It's completely, I mean COMPLETELY out of your control.
Aspies like to have control.
This is the biggest, longest loss of control possible.
Twenty seven hours.
With an epidural at hour sixteen.
Seemed a better choice than killing myself or dying of fright!!

jewelie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2007, 12:12 pm

Starbuline wrote:
There is no way in Hell I'm giving birth.

Having given birth, I concur.

UNfortunately, since I know that SEX is what started it all, I've pretty much given up on that too.
We can send a man to the moon.....

Where is my 100% contraceptive?

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2007, 4:20 am

I found labour hurt a fair bit but wasn't screaming just crying and asking for pain relief. I didn't have an epidural because the staff didn't think it necessary - they said just hang on a little bit longer because you're very close to having your baby.

If anybody did that stupid breathing thing like some men do in movies when they're "helping" their partner, I would have been cross and told them to leave me alone. Someone who was in the hospital the second time said I seemed to withdraw into myself.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

PurpleSpider
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Aug 2007, 3:17 am

Gosh the pain was incredible. I felt it through my whole body. It was all encompassing and yes I still remember it. I couldn't stand it any longer and had an epi after about 8 hours with my second. With both my two I had emergency cs and preferred the cs pain than labour. I want another bub but I am going to have a cs once I go into labour or waters break.

Hospitals make me nervous as well. I remember too well when my nana died and being around sick people really affects me. I can calm those thoughts if I need to but don't like it.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2007, 7:41 am

I was too scared to have an epidural because of reading about all the things that could go wrong with one.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon