I have learned a lot about myself in the past year or so.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Glowz44
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2014, 9:36 pm

Since having a panic attack i have learned a lot of things about myself that i feel will help me through life.

I have learned to appreciate.

1. My Friends
2. My Family
3. The fact there are people out there trying to help me get me through day to day life.

I have learned that i can:
1. Enjoy my own company
2. Be happy without a relationship. (Which has made me less-desperate and wanting to get to know a Woman a bit more before i consider going the next step).

I can accept
1. That i have trouble with thing and that i need some help sometimes to get me through.
2. That i will mostly have social anxiety when being in a big group.
3. That i should take my time in life.

I feel better knowing that i have realised and i can get on being myself, i know people won't understand me sometimes that's just life.

Hope everyone has or can realise this on here.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 11:24 pm

These are good things to learn

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

NotaHero
Toucan
Toucan

14 Mar 2014, 4:50 am

Good advice.

As long as you can be content with what you have in life and learn to appreciate what works for you then you'll have a more contented life and I believe that will allow you to achieve so much more than if you focus on the negatives. (Especially as most of the time the things that get you down don't really matter)

SolinaJoki
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Mar 2014, 10:05 am

Glowz44 wrote:
I can accept
1. That i have trouble with thing and that i need some help sometimes to get me through.
2. That i will mostly have social anxiety when being in a big group.
3. That i should take my time in life.

What a great list! So upbeat! It really made me stop and think about focusing on the positive. Something I should remember every day not just once in a while.

I try not to focus too much on the future, rather live in the day. I practised mindfulness for a while until it became more automatic to think about this moment, not what is coming next. In other words, "take my time in life".