Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ouroborosUK
Toucan
Toucan

14 Mar 2014, 6:13 pm

There used to be a post about that show, but it was 6 months ago so I feel free to start a new one.

About the show itself : the first episodes were not unpleasant but a bit underwhelming, but it has been improving constantly and the last episodes are really good. Episode 13 was absolutely great, and 14 was almost as good. Episode 15 is a bit just a pretext to have Sif and Lorelei in but is pleasant nonetheless. I would recommend it to anyone who likes the Marvel cinematic universe and/or the character of Coulson (excellent) and/or the actor who plays him (I never remember actors, but he's good).

But if you have seen it, I would be interested to have your thoughts on the characters of Fitz and Simmons. Both seem clearly on the spectrum ; I can clearly relate to them. Simmons especially could be me if I was a girl, significantly more intelligent, with different special interests, and with a bit more self-confidence. (And with more respect to authority too ; I'm more like Fitz on that account.) What do you think of them ?

A bit obsessed with vocabulary, semantics and using the right words. Sorry if it is a concern. It's the way I think, I am not hair-splitting or attacking you.

ouroborosUK
Toucan
Toucan

14 Mar 2014, 6:21 pm

Hell, now that I think of it at the beginning of the show even Ward is described as being "not good with people" and is concerned and angry at the prospect of having to work with people instead of the "lone wolf"-style operations he is used too. And his behaviour in the first episodes shows that he is, in his own way, vastly as socially incompetent as Fitz/Simmons in his own way. But it later improves immensely and his problem is probably more neurosis and a traumatic past than an autistic condition.

But still, half the characters in that show are misfits.

A bit obsessed with vocabulary, semantics and using the right words. Sorry if it is a concern. It's the way I think, I am not hair-splitting or attacking you.