Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

kazma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Mar 2014, 8:54 pm

i just re-watched it and i must say the way neo felt at the beginning is how i felt for many years before my diagnosis that feeling of disconnect or as Morpheus said

"What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it you're entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad"

anyone else feel that way or like you see thru the sham of society
i have tried to have this conversation with people irl but none share my views or don't like to think so deeply about such things

JCD
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Mar 2014, 9:02 pm

They joked about it in an episode of South Park

kazma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Mar 2014, 10:13 pm

that's quite a funny coincidence but it ready is a hard thing to describe almost like Existential crisis but its not that there's more to it anyone know what im trying to describe

SK666
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Nov 2015, 12:31 pm

I do.

I think about it constantly. And the signs are everywhere.

There seems to have been many glitches lately; I've been having recurring dejavu.

Undergoing the process of an in-depth differential diagnosis with a clinical psychologist, who has 35 yrs experience in ASDs. Using DSMV, ADOS-2 (Mod 4), ADI-R, peer-reviewed literature, empirical and anecdotal evidence. Now the focus of a case study.

[AQ: 38/50] [EQ: 17/80, SQ: 59/80] [AS: 145/200, NT: 95/200]
[MBTI: INTP] [IQ: 144, (SD: 24) (Matrix)]

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 12:52 pm

Try reading some Philip K. Dick sometime. He felt that the world we saw was an illusion, and this idea pervaded his fiction. Most of what he wrote involved people realizing their world was phony and getting a glimpse of the real one. He's the most ripped-off science fiction author of all time; aside from official adaptations like Blade Runner, Total Recall, and Minority Report, there's been The Truman Show (swiped from Time Out of Joint) and Vanilla Sky (swiped from Ubik), and movies like The Matrix and Inception which don't steal from any specific story of Dick's but are still heavily inspired by him, and I can give you at least a dozen more examples like that. The Library of America sells a nice hardcover edition of four of his best novels: The Man in the High Castle, Ubik, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, and The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch. It's as good a place to start as any, and cheaper than buying them individually in paperback.