Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 11:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
wozeree wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
what is confusing about it? it is just 10 silly white guys is all.

Well why if you are proud to be white you have to be so full of hate. Why can't there be nice proud to be white people? You don't see proud to be gay people getting all LET'S DO AWAY WITH THE HETEROSEXUALS. I find it crazy.

The simple fact is, the white pride movement isn't about gaining rights, or righting past wrongs for their particular ethnic group. Rather, their movement is a reactionary one, wanting to turn back the clock on civil rights for all Americans, with the intention of returning back to a system comparable to racial Apartheid.

There are nice proud to be white people, but they aren't proud to be "white". They are proud of a particular heritage - Irish, Italian, Scottish, German, etc. - and not the color of their skin. The white has nothing to do with it, the heritage does. They are white people who are proud of their cultural heritage. They also don't go around putting down other cultures and ethnicities and saying they are better than them (except for that one guy in the SNL skit who would say 'If it's not Scottish it's crrrrrap!") The "white pride" movement is actually just a different name for the "white supremacy" movement. What they are saying is "I'm proud to not be black or Jewish or anything else other than a protestant white person!"

The fact is, white people all don't share a particular culture and heritage so having a general white pride gathering would be silly. It would be pointless. We would have nothing in common other than the color of our skin, and as you know, some white people are fairly dark and olive skinned and I've met black people who are lighter than some olive skinned white people, so the skin color thing is pointless. It would actually make more sense to have a rally of people who spend a lot of time working on their tans and are proud of them. That would be a skin color thing worth being proud of because it takes time and or money to get a good tan.

I absolutely agree. I'm actually very proud of my German background, but I also know, as an American if I were to be reintroduced into the land of my ancestors, I'd be totally lost in an alien world.

So true,I'm proud of my heritage from mostly the British isles.I attended a Scottish fair,it was great fun.There was even an Englishman there and we had fun teasing him.But if a back person was to try an attend a white pride rally it wouldn't be much fun for them.At an event like the Scottish fair,everyone is invited to enjoy the events and learn about the culture.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 2:19 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
wozeree wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
what is confusing about it? it is just 10 silly white guys is all.

Well why if you are proud to be white you have to be so full of hate. Why can't there be nice proud to be white people? You don't see proud to be gay people getting all LET'S DO AWAY WITH THE HETEROSEXUALS. I find it crazy.

The simple fact is, the white pride movement isn't about gaining rights, or righting past wrongs for their particular ethnic group. Rather, their movement is a reactionary one, wanting to turn back the clock on civil rights for all Americans, with the intention of returning back to a system comparable to racial Apartheid.

There are nice proud to be white people, but they aren't proud to be "white". They are proud of a particular heritage - Irish, Italian, Scottish, German, etc. - and not the color of their skin. The white has nothing to do with it, the heritage does. They are white people who are proud of their cultural heritage. They also don't go around putting down other cultures and ethnicities and saying they are better than them (except for that one guy in the SNL skit who would say 'If it's not Scottish it's crrrrrap!") The "white pride" movement is actually just a different name for the "white supremacy" movement. What they are saying is "I'm proud to not be black or Jewish or anything else other than a protestant white person!"

The fact is, white people all don't share a particular culture and heritage so having a general white pride gathering would be silly. It would be pointless. We would have nothing in common other than the color of our skin, and as you know, some white people are fairly dark and olive skinned and I've met black people who are lighter than some olive skinned white people, so the skin color thing is pointless. It would actually make more sense to have a rally of people who spend a lot of time working on their tans and are proud of them. That would be a skin color thing worth being proud of because it takes time and or money to get a good tan.

I absolutely agree. I'm actually very proud of my German background, but I also know, as an American if I were to be reintroduced into the land of my ancestors, I'd be totally lost in an alien world.

So true,I'm proud of my heritage from mostly the British isles.I attended a Scottish fair,it was great fun.There was even an Englishman there and we had fun teasing him.But if a back person was to try an attend a white pride rally it wouldn't be much fun for them.At an event like the Scottish fair,everyone is invited to enjoy the events and learn about the culture.

I used to go to the Deutches Fest (German Festival) every year when I was younger, held in my Dad's old home town of Odessa. Washington. There, besides German Americans, you had plenty of Latino and black faces there, too, where everyone enjoyed the rides, games, markets, as well as German sausage and beer.

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 4:25 pm

An excellent demonstration of why I'm a fan of free speech. I don't think ANYBODY should be banned from speaking their mind, white supremacy, black power, scientologists, let them all speak and then the rest of the world will realize how silly they are.

Ten people :D

I mean, come on :lol:

That's embarrassing :P

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 5:21 pm

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/17/w ... -genocide/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 5:28 pm

Misslizard wrote:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/17/woman-from-the-white-man-march-wants-to-know-why-raw-story-justifies-genocide/

We've had some members in the past here on WP who have parroted that she-cretin.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 5:41 pm

Everywhere I look I see plenty of white people,and they are breeding just fine.I don't see any reason to put them on the endangered species list yet.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 6:08 pm

Yup guys make good sense. Our check German culture kind of died with my grandparents. At least I wasnt born into a family like that, I might have been dumb enough to be brainwashed.

But who let the Viking in? :? :D

Sorry can't type on iPad

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 6:27 pm

ipad doesn't care for my fingertips either.

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 9:57 am

There was a flyer that was running through Facebook, talking about how diversity means genocide of white people and how they're endangered. LOL don't flatter yourself by comparing that to actual endangered species like cheetahs, tigers and such.

http://whitemanmarch.com/what-is-the-wh ... all-about/

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 3:04 pm

IMO, I think more people are more accepting of diversity in various demographics.

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2014, 7:57 am

I'd also like to point out that even today, white people are still the vast majority race in America. So they can calm down now.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2014, 10:36 am

micfranklin wrote:
I'd also like to point out that even today, white people are still the vast majority race in America. So they can calm down now.

Ah, but how do you expect them to get people - and themselves - riled up, otherwise?