Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

rocklobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Mar 2014, 2:25 pm

I've decided to dive into the Big Finish version of Doctor Who, mostly so I can review them. I've already purchased "Storm Warning (with Paul McGann) and "Spare Parts" (with Peter Davison). I'm considering purchasing 4th and 7th Doctor stories as well. I was wondering if anyone on here has listened to any and would recommend them.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 12:19 am

Oh, hell yeah! Have I got recommendations!

I do a review thread that has sunk quite badly because I haven't listened to any new audios since February. The scoring system is more than a bit skewed until I change scoring systems, and it's very much a case of Your Mileage May Vary, but it might help.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt220222.html

If you can afford it, I wholly recommend the Fourth Doctor Lost Stories boxset. The Foe from the Future and The Valley of Death are both good stories.

As for Seventh Doctor stories, there's more than a few I could recommend. Colditz is one of the better mainstream stories, and The Harvest is a good story that introduces a new companion called Hex, but one of my personal favourites is Night Thoughts. It's pretty horrific, but it's a damned good story. Just don't listen to it at night. Similar is the story Master, which is pretty cheap at the moment. And then, there's Unregenerate!, which, despite having the early Seventh Doctor and Mel, is a damned good story.

I could name a few others. You got Spare Parts, which is excellent. Here's some further suggestions...

Fifth Doctor

The Kingmaker

Sixth Doctor

...Ish (only available as download now)

Eighth Doctor

The Chimes of Midnight

Dalek story

Jubilee

Cyberman story

The Silver Turk

On sabbatical...

rocklobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2014, 9:47 am

Just got The Light at the End. Excellent story! I'm thinking of getting one of the Sixth Doctor's "Lost Stories" as a Christmas present.