Why do people like to be cruel to each other?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 May 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 798

18 Mar 2014, 12:27 pm

I am wondering what is the reason the vast majority of humans love to cause harm to innocent people?
And more importantly: Why do they especially love to cause harm to innocent, ILL and DISABLED people?

The fact is that the vast majority of humans support governments which are doing exactly this. In democratic countries,
the voters vote for the parties that wants to continue on this path. So this ain't something restricted to "banana-republics".

The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of humans like to see other people suffer. The only reason the majority stay away from causing direct suffering
to others themselves, is because they fear punishment. This is because causing suffering is considered a privilege, which only the Elite should be access to, others must "go bored".

It's a sick mentality. Causing harm to others should be illegal because it is just that: Harm. Not because it should be a "restricted pleasure".

This is also why we have so many wars all the time:
Humans WANT to kill people.

Evidence? People join the military VOLUNTARILY!
This is because people want to kill other people. And torture other people, and what else you do in wars.

It is a very small, tiny minority of humans who wants to do something good for other people. They are an absolute minority, and they are despised, laughed at, hated and
demonized by the majority of this psychopathic human race known as Homo Sapiens!

God didn't make a world full of suffering. Humans did.
Humans despise the True God, and worship the Evil God. To humans, being a Devil or Satanic, means to worship The True God of Goodness instead of the Abrahamic God.

The Abrahamic God is the God of Humanity.
God of Humanity is evil. Like the humans.

That is also why people preaching Gnosticism or other "heretic beliefs" have been burned at the stake throughout history.

The Abrahamic God is man-made.
It is a creation to justify human evilness.

The God of Goodness is not man-made, because virtually nobody of the human race believes in goodness.

The concept of "Goodness" is to morality, as 0 is to the numeric system: It is a mental creation of something that is not a morality (or, in case of 0, not a number).



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

18 Mar 2014, 12:45 pm

/\
How about some examples? All you've done is rant for several paragraphs with nothing definitive to rant about.

Quote:
Evidence? People join the military VOLUNTARILY!
This is because people want to kill other people. And torture other people, and what else you do in wars.
Most people do not join the military because they want to kill and torture people.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 May 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 798

18 Mar 2014, 12:55 pm

Raptor wrote:
/\
How about some examples? All you've done is rant for several paragraphs with nothing definitive to rant about.

Quote:
Evidence? People join the military VOLUNTARILY!
This is because people want to kill other people. And torture other people, and what else you do in wars.
Most people do not join the military because they want to kill and torture people.


The military's primary purpose is to kill people.
That is THE reason for establishing a military.

Besides that, more evidence here:

(from this thread: http://www.wrongplanet.net/posts254297-start15.html)

Quote:
https://nyhederne.tv2.dk/politik/2014-03-17-sf-og-%C3%B8-grotesk-udvise-psykisk-syg-til-thailand

A mentally ill woman must be deported to Thailand while her case is reviewed wether she can stay or not, despite that she is
unable to take care of herself and is submitted to a psychiatric hospital.

The Danish Authorities will simply have to drag her out of the hospital, place her in handcuffs, and then fly her away for deportation.



sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,540
Location: Cleveland, OH (and not the nice part)

18 Mar 2014, 1:48 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
Raptor wrote:
/\
How about some examples? All you've done is rant for several paragraphs with nothing definitive to rant about.

Quote:
Evidence? People join the military VOLUNTARILY!
This is because people want to kill other people. And torture other people, and what else you do in wars.
Most people do not join the military because they want to kill and torture people.


The military's primary purpose is to kill people.
That is THE reason for establishing a military.


Even assuming that the only reason for the establishment of a military is to kill people (which it almost never has been), that still does not mean that those who volunteer want to kill and torture other people. Most people join the military because of the fact that it is a job, and it is hard to eat when you have no money coming in.


_________________
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" -Nietzsche


GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,151

18 Mar 2014, 1:56 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
This is also why we have so many wars all the time:
Humans WANT to kill people.

Evidence? People join the military VOLUNTARILY!
This is because people want to kill other people. And torture other people, and what else you do in wars.

Indeed.

Imagine the horror of having thousands of volunteer NATO soldiers on the ground in Rwanda in 1994. It would have been a genocide...


_________________
Omit needless words.


adb
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Age: 49
Gender: Male
Posts: 532

18 Mar 2014, 2:46 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
I am wondering what is the reason the vast majority of humans love to cause harm to innocent people?
And more importantly: Why do they especially love to cause harm to innocent, ILL and DISABLED people?

When you assign ill motive to those who differ from your moral philosophy, you inspire those around you to reject both you and your opinions. Not everyone prioritizes the care/harm moral value above all others. You will never be able to comprehend the world around you if you don't consider values outside your own, much less be able to convince someone else that your position is correct.

I've met very few people who enjoy causing harm to other people (or animals, for that matter). In the military, we have to train people to overcome their innate desire to *avoid* harming people, regardless of innocence.



Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Aug 2012
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,908
Location: North Wayels

18 Mar 2014, 3:04 pm

I'm not humanity's greatest fan, but I think you're over-egging it. I think, by and large, individual humans are capable of being horrifically hateful, and also astoundingly generous and caring. I think there are all sorts of contexts and influences at play.

People join the military for all sorts of reasons, and have to go through very particular training to turn them into soldiers who can kill on command. I find people joining the police more troubling. I remember the early days of Friends Reunited, poking around what old classmates were up to. The thugs and bullies and those inclined to break the law all seemed to have joined the police. Those joining up to the military were who I would expect to have trouble getting any other work.

(I live in the UK. Sometime around 2006, presumably in relation to the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, it became something of a given that one is very much appreciative and in awe of soldiers - anyone who puts on a uniform and icks up a gun is deemed a hero. I am very much at odds with this. But what I find a more interesting/concerning matter is the design and manufacture of lethal weapons. That people study hard, become very knowledgeable and capable, and then apply that skill to designing and making things that kill people)

But: I don't think humans want to kill people. Not as you seem to be suggesting. Some do, certainly. They may want to kill in general, because they get a kick out of it. Or they may want to kill some particular person/people, perhaps for (as they see it) punishment, perhaps for gain, etc. But I don't think many at all are yearning to take a life for it's own sake.



Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,843
Location: Ontario, Canada

18 Mar 2014, 4:44 pm

Because they have gone to the dark side. Some people like to embrace the cruel nature of humanity. I think sometimes that they are the majority.

Stay away from these people, they are dangerous.


_________________
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone.
Morrison/Krieger


techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,138
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

18 Mar 2014, 4:53 pm

The title of the thread had me wanting to start talking about arbitrary gender and economic role-straitjackets, impractical competitions as genetic quality litmus tests where they simply don't apply to the situations they're forced down upon, all the various kinds of social darwinism that are out there but I see the focus on military which is a much different angle.

I don't think people love hurting each other, rather people love being able to defend themselves, not be victims, and thus not live in fear. It's an old hackneyed saying and maybe I just grew up in a barbaric stone-age family but I always used to hear the adage from my dad regarding which life is better - one day as a lion or 500 as a lamb. It's a concern for quality of life over length of time in their own sphere of thought.

To that extent if you are a victim of a despot where the bullies run the whole show and take what they want - it's a huge qualitative problem. Part of the desire for self defense at both individual and national levels is precisely the desire for freedom from fear and freedom from being in receipt of successful intimidation. When people can easily intimidate you your life is wracked with anxiety, extra obstacles, things are quite often (which makes me sick) taken from those who show weakness, and it's part of why people feel like they have a somber obligation to rise to the occasion and have both might and authentic right rather than someone else wielding whatever expedient and self-seeking thing they may on a whim decide right to be.



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 116
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,972

18 Mar 2014, 5:20 pm

Raptor wrote:
Most people do not join the military because they want to kill and torture people.


Why do they join, then?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NzFJxX8yoY[/youtube]



Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,843
Location: Ontario, Canada

18 Mar 2014, 5:23 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I don't think people love hurting each other, rather people love being able to defend themselves, not be victims, and thus not live in fear. It's an old hackneyed saying and maybe I just grew up in a barbaric stone-age family but I always used to hear the adage from my dad regarding which life is better - one day as a lion or 500 as a lamb. It's a concern for quality of life over length of time in their own sphere of thought.

I disagree. I think some people do enjoy hurting each other.


_________________
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone.
Morrison/Krieger


adb
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Age: 49
Gender: Male
Posts: 532

18 Mar 2014, 5:36 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Most people do not join the military because they want to kill and torture people.


Why do they join, then?

In the US, it's employment with excellent on-the-job training and a clear advancement path. Medical expenses are 100% covered, including for dependents. If you stay in for 20 years, you get a very nice retirement plus medical coverage for life. As far as career paths go, it's a pretty sweet deal if you are willing to learn the system (and more high functioning than I was). If I had the maturity then that I have now, I likely would have retired from the military (and younger than I currently am).

Some also do it to express patriotism -- serving their country. I've spent a lot of my life either in the military or working with it, and there are very few people that I've met that have any interest at all in combat. For most, combat is a necessary evil of the job. And generally, the few that are interested lose it pretty quickly after getting shot at. Most people just like to give the appearance of being a badass, not actually go through the struggle of really being one.



techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,138
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

18 Mar 2014, 6:08 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I don't think people love hurting each other, rather people love being able to defend themselves, not be victims, and thus not live in fear. It's an old hackneyed saying and maybe I just grew up in a barbaric stone-age family but I always used to hear the adage from my dad regarding which life is better - one day as a lion or 500 as a lamb. It's a concern for quality of life over length of time in their own sphere of thought.

I disagree. I think some people do enjoy hurting each other.

I wouldn't say none do. If you think about it, if the bullies, sadists, and various malignant selfers didn't exist there'd be no need for self defense. That's really the initial impulse that gets the ball rolling.



Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,843
Location: Ontario, Canada

18 Mar 2014, 6:29 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
if the bullies, sadists, and various malignant selfers didn't exist there'd be no need for self defense. That's really the initial impulse that gets the ball rolling.

Which came first . . .
Was it the aggression or the defense?

Not sure it matters. Fighting is a waste of time.


_________________
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone.
Morrison/Krieger


RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,292
Location: Minnesota, United States

18 Mar 2014, 7:04 pm

I don't believe people in general like to be cruel, rather than certian enviornments that create a dempendency for cruel behavior. People who have more power than others lose empathy, becuase their ego grows out of control. I believe social and economic inequality can be traced back to the appropriation of private property at the begining of the neolithic era. Most of our time on this planet we had what Marx called primitive communsm.



khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Apr 2013
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,940

18 Mar 2014, 9:14 pm

Raptor wrote:
/\
How about some examples? All you've done is rant for several paragraphs with nothing definitive to rant about.

Quote:
Evidence? People join the military VOLUNTARILY!
This is because people want to kill other people. And torture other people, and what else you do in wars.
Most people do not join the military because they want to kill and torture people.


I have met a lot of Iraq war veterans who seem to do nothing but brag about the horrific things they did while they were in Iraq. Most of them drive around now in cars or trucks filled with guns and knives while they sedate themselves with large quantities of prescribed medication from VA doctors. I am a viet nam era vet. I was not in viet nam, but I served with many veterans who did serve in viet nam, and very few of them ran around bragging about the people they had killed or the lives they had destroyed. Those who did talk like that were ostracized by their peers.