Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 4:30 pm

What do you think of abortion?

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 5:09 pm

I think, the problem with the "Abortion" topic is that its discussing a "problem" after a "problem" and shouldn't be viewed as a "solution."

If someone has unprotected sex at 14 years of age, I believe that is THEIR responsibility. Should they get an abortion to "erase" their mistake? Well, whether they do or not, I've no concern, however, I WILL question their responsibility and promote the fact they are EXTREMELY lucky they can obtain such a service.

What about a rape victim? I've no problem aborting, in the first place (despite the responsibility issue if you go that route), but rape victims I think have more a choice in the matter as their only problem was that they were raped. A type of "forced parenting" type deal.

Then, you have the issue of what is "life." In my opinion, its when you're breathing on your own. There is a lot of referencing to "breathing" in "meditative" states. It connects the "mind" and "body" which is where/how I formed my opinion on this matter but everyone will have something different to say.

Basically, the whole debate would end if people stop f*****g everything they see or stop being ignorant about it. Again, I think this "problem" of abortion comes after ANOTHER problem in regards to "Sex" and "responsibility."

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 5:15 pm

I think it is a good idea.
More people should be aborted.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 5:46 pm

We should go a few steps further with abortion and allow it to be post-natal and to use every part of what we kill.

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 5:56 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
We should go a few steps further with abortion and allow it to be post-natal and to use every part of what we kill.

That is really weird :lol:

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 6:15 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:

I dont mind this idea. Why not?

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 6:18 pm

Corvus wrote:
I dont mind this idea. Why not?

Uh..... post-natal means after birth so I am arguing that we should kill people and use their organs for food or for whatever else we could use them for.

Tha_Cat
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Feb 2007, 6:20 pm

I'm with Maddox. Against abortion. For killing babies.

Pug
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2007, 6:23 pm

Good idea, if it's ugly, forced post-natal abortion would be right 8)

charlesbronstein
Raven
Raven

16 Feb 2007, 6:29 pm

I'm all for it...it's not pretty, but when it comes down it, the fetus is part of the woman's body...and she has a right to abort it or not...whether she's a slut or a victim of sexual abuse shouldn't be relevant.

jonathan79
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 7:04 pm

I am definitely pro-choice. If anyone is against abortion, then they should be willing to be foster parents. People who are against abortion should be willing to put money into the orphan industry, or take the orphans themselves. Its unfair to say, "well, you made a choice to have sex, and now you have to live with it". Because in your attempt to punish the parents, you are actually punishing the child. A child who never asked to be born. Punishing a child for the sins of the parents is more immoral than abortion could ever be.

Where do these children usually end up? Being put up for adoption because abortion wasn't an option. Its hard enough to make it in this world without being born to a couple of people who don't want you, and then on top of it all, being put into the world of foster care.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 8:44 pm

Dont they end up in an adoption agency where they kill them if no one adopts them after 7 days? or is that cats?

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 9:12 pm

Corvus wrote:
Dont they end up in an adoption agency where they kill them if no one adopts them after 7 days? or is that cats?

People don't go to any form of agency like that at all. That is definitely dogs and cats.

headphase
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 9:17 pm

Between pro-choice and don't care.

It's good to be a man.

T-rav20
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 9:21 pm

I'm Pro-choice, HOWEVER, my grandmother is a women's health nurse and she's constantly coming home with stories of irresponsible 14 year olds, and 20 year-olds coming back with their THIRD pregnancy, so in addition to being pro-choice, I'm also pro- get a f*king brain and some damned responsibility!!

jonathan79 wrote:
If anyone is against abortion, then they should be willing to be foster parents. People who are against abortion should be willing to put money into the orphan industry, or take the orphans themselves. Its unfair to say, "well, you made a choice to have sex, and now you have to live with it". Because in your attempt to punish the parents, you are actually punishing the child. A child who never asked to be born. Punishing a child for the sins of the parents is more immoral than abortion could ever be.

Absolutely, whenever I see those annoying protesters, I ask them: "How many babies have you adopted lately?" they usually don't have an answer to that one.

The following statement is True, the preceding statement was False.

I'm A PINEY from my head down to my HINEY.

chadders
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2007, 10:10 pm

I think that it should be a combination of the mothers and fathers choice. If the mother and father both want the child then equal parental ownership is claimed (I think that's obvious). If the mother doesn't want the child but the father does, then if they are married a mutual decision needs to be reached, if they aren't then the father must claim ownership and the mother must go through with the pregnancy. This works the other way round where the mother wants the child but the father doesn't then the mother must claim ownership and go through with the pregnancy. If neither the mother or father want the child then why bring the child into a life of even more (this time emotional) pain? Either way I reckon it should be strongly considered letting the child live after it is able to feel pain. I'm pro-choice in this poll.

That's my two pence worth.