Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

mizkathy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2007, 8:16 pm

I like videos games, however I am not really that good at them.

TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2007, 12:05 pm

My no 1 favorite game of all time is the first person shooter, ut2004.

I started off absolutely s**t, but it's a mostly online game so I've managed to stay interested and I'm good enough now that I can play the computer on godlike difficulty without the computer even coming close to touching me.

The way I got good was to basically take it all one step at a time. I taught myself how to use each and every weapon individually, I taught myself how to use each vehicle, I bound all my keys to handy buttons and then bound them again and again till I finally got to the point where I was 100% comfortable. I basically worked really hard at it, it took ages before it all started to pay off. Now I can play online against nts and they accuse me of cheating on a very regular basis. It's very gratifying for someone like me ( a weird mix of slow but smart) to get to the point where my reactions are good enough to walk all over nts.

jolly_magpie
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2007, 5:28 pm

Hi, first post.

I think video games have helped me a lot it terms of co-ordination. I started playing as soon as they were invented in the 70's and have followed each improvement with great interest.

I love FPS, although I am only kinda good at them. When it's just people running around blasting each other I get kind of tired of it, but add a strategic component and it gets a lot more interesting, that's why I play Battlefield 2. I even got into a LAN tournament, out of 35 players, I came in 5th, playing as an Engineer! Not bad for a guy who's twice the age of most of the other players. My obsession with WW2 airplanes also fits right into flight sims, the best is IL-2 Sturmovik.

I also play Grand Theft Auto, Silent Hunter 3 and X-wing, all on the PC.

OMGpenguin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Feb 2007, 6:49 pm

I'm going to join the "love video games, but suck at them" crowd. I used to love to play them on easy, but I think my pride has taken the best of me recently, so I try to play games on normal... and find them really hard :(

I just hate the games that only have normal and hard difficulty settings on them though, it just gets me frustrated trying to get past one certain point in a level or what have you.

Also 30 lives for Contra still wasn't anywhere near enough :D

CTCD
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Feb 2007, 7:36 pm

Video game are about all I'm good at....