Page 11 of 13 [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2013
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,378
Location: Soul Society

01 Apr 2014, 10:22 am

Raptor wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Black people don't shout racist all the time like politicians claim they do Raptor. In fact, the friends at tech school whom I play dodgeball with tease each other, black or white, by shouting that out. It isn't such a drama. I was friends before I knew it. You guys gotta lighten up.

:roll:
And where did that awful Raptor say that black people shout about racism all the time?
It's your boy Kraichgauer that keeps doting on racism.


Sorry. You were talking about it with them though. Plus, I am not accusing you of anything either. Just seemed like that was where it was going to go.


_________________
comedic burp


appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2013
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,378
Location: Soul Society

01 Apr 2014, 10:29 am

I guess Kraichgauer needs to remember that black people aren't as concerned about racism as politicians are or make it out to be an issue. They joke about it. Seriously, I can joke about them being racist about white people! I've had a black person say I'm a real brother now.

*Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends....?"

Seriously! It is a problem, yes, but not all the time.


_________________
comedic burp


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,780
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

01 Apr 2014, 10:31 am

Raptor wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
You don't think it's significant that those voters being disenfranchised for their political affiliation tend to be of a specific race?


Race in this case is incidental to class, as none of the laws in question contain anything racially specific. Or do you really think the GOP is so intrinsically racist that it's trying to disenfranchise black people simply for being black, as opposed to trying to lower the Democratic turnout across the board?


I won't deny that politics is a major motivation, but to say that there isn't an underlying racial component here is a mistake, especially since much of the voter disenfranchisement has occurred where Jim Crow was once the law. And, no, not all Republicans are racist, but there are obviously enough who are, as these laws had been enacted.
And from your post, you seem to concede the GOP's shenanigans in voter suppression, in regards to keeping Democrats away from the polls.


You've got no proof of it, though, and can't rationalize it past "well, it's in the south so it must be bad".


No proof? Plenty of evidence had been presented in past posts by myself and others. Now, I'm afraid I'm going to be a little too preoccupied to reiterate said evidence - besides that there has been a history of past discrimination from the long ago to the not so long ago - as I'll be watching WWE wrestling. :lol:


Proof of RACISM like I bolded for you. Left wing allegation of racism via voter ID laws is not proof or even evidence.
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:


Kraichgauer wrote:
The cost for proper ID, which is a burden on poorer voters, amounts to a poll tax.
And us white folk don't have to purchase them? If everyone has to buy them it's hardly racism. Don't be surprised if anything you task the government with (including licencing) is expensive due to all the bureaucratic BS governments are notorious for.

Quote:
The closing of polling places in predominantly black districts is suspicious.
Just closed for no reason and this was widespread enough to see an actual trend?
They weren't condemned or closed as the result of vandalism?
Let the record show that you brought the term "black district" into this. Having established that, let's point out that those districts tend to be rather run down so closing any building due to vandalism (very common in said districts) or one or more other actual legit reason would not be uncommon and hardly unfair. I say this since I live about three miles from such a district and I know some of the things that go on there.

Quote:
The closing of state licensing offices in black districts where proper ID's could be bought is suspicious.
See above.

Quote:
Gun licenses are acceptable, but not college ID's, screaming how certain voters are unwanted, but others are.
What's a gun license?
Or are you trying to say carry permit which is a different animal? If so, then the carry permit is a more in-depth state issued licence while a college ID is school issued and has little use off campus.

Quote:
Individual cases of how an elderly black voters who had been voting for years had been denied their rights (one lady was denied on grounds she couldn't present her marriage license, while another was a WWII veteran) that can't be ignored.
How many and how frequent?
Are you saying this never happens to white people?

Quote:
I could go on and on, but the Divas (the girls) are wrestling. :twisted:
Nice to see where your priorities are.
Funny how you can slam NASCAR like you did here http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt225502.html but admit to watching WWE or whatever. :roll: :roll:


The reasons given for closing down those licensing offices was justified for budgetary reasons. Which is a bunch of crap, as offices in other districts weren't also shut down.
As for polling places being closed - it was another brave Republican in Florida who conceded after the fact that voter suppression was the intent, though he admittedly said race was not the issue.
As for whites being excluded from the vote - of course, the Republican establishment doesn't want poor whites voting, either.
Incidentally, the issue of race was introduced from the very start of this thread, so I admit I was focusing just on that when I should have been saying all along that poor people of any race are being disenfranchised.
And as for your later post bringing up that I'm "your boy" who keeps bringing up race - well, I will when I see it as necessary.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

01 Apr 2014, 10:31 am

appletheclown wrote:
Raptor wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Black people don't shout racist all the time like politicians claim they do Raptor. In fact, the friends at tech school whom I play dodgeball with tease each other, black or white, by shouting that out. It isn't such a drama. I was friends before I knew it. You guys gotta lighten up.

:roll:
And where did that awful Raptor say that black people shout about racism all the time?
It's your boy Kraichgauer that keeps doting on racism.


Sorry. You were talking about it with them though. Plus, I am not accusing you of anything either. Just seemed like that was where it was going to go.


Unless Kraichgauer is black, there was nothing about them shouting about racism.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,780
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

01 Apr 2014, 10:39 am

Raptor wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Raptor wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Black people don't shout racist all the time like politicians claim they do Raptor. In fact, the friends at tech school whom I play dodgeball with tease each other, black or white, by shouting that out. It isn't such a drama. I was friends before I knew it. You guys gotta lighten up.

:roll:
And where did that awful Raptor say that black people shout about racism all the time?
It's your boy Kraichgauer that keeps doting on racism.


Sorry. You were talking about it with them though. Plus, I am not accusing you of anything either. Just seemed like that was where it was going to go.


Unless Kraichgauer is black, there was nothing about them shouting about racism.


Nope, I'm largely of German extraction, and last time I checked, Deutschers are white.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,780
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

01 Apr 2014, 10:42 am

appletheclown wrote:
I guess Kraichgauer needs to remember that black people aren't as concerned about racism as politicians are or make it out to be an issue. They joke about it. Seriously, I can joke about them being racist about white people! I've had a black person say I'm a real brother now.

*Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends....?"

Seriously! It is a problem, yes, but not all the time.


Whether they are or not, I am when I see an injustice. Just as I'll fly off the handle if someone is discriminated against for being a Muslim, or being of Serbian ancestry, or for being poor, etc.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

01 Apr 2014, 10:45 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
The reasons given for closing down those licensing offices was justified for budgetary reasons. Which is a bunch of crap, as offices in other districts weren't also shut down.
Too broad. Need rationale to qualify the budgetary reasoning.

Quote:
As for polling places being closed - it was another brave Republican in Florida who conceded after the fact that voter suppression was the intent, though he admittedly said race was not the issue.
Not that the testimony of one brave Florida republican is proof of anything, but you say he did admit that race was not the issue.

Quote:
As for whites being excluded from the vote - of course, the Republican establishment doesn't want poor whites voting, either.
Slowly shifting away from the racism stand. Not subtle enough since I caught it on the last one about the brave Florida republican. If you ever plan on going into politics (beats working for a living) you need to work on that. Politicians are nothing if not shifty.

Quote:
Incidentally, the issue of race was introduced from the very start of this thread, so I admit I was focusing just on that when I should have been saying all along that poor people of any race are being disenfranchised.
Ah ha!

Quote:
And as for your later post bringing up that I'm "your boy" who keeps bringing up race - well, I will when I see it as necessary.

I never said you were my boy.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,780
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

01 Apr 2014, 10:56 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The reasons given for closing down those licensing offices was justified for budgetary reasons. Which is a bunch of crap, as offices in other districts weren't also shut down.
Too broad. Need rationale to qualify the budgetary reasoning.

Quote:
As for polling places being closed - it was another brave Republican in Florida who conceded after the fact that voter suppression was the intent, though he admittedly said race was not the issue.
Not that the testimony of one brave Florida republican is proof of anything, but you say he did admit that race was not the issue.

Quote:
As for whites being excluded from the vote - of course, the Republican establishment doesn't want poor whites voting, either.
Slowly shifting away from the racism stand. Not subtle enough since I caught it on the last one about the brave Florida republican. If you ever plan on going into politics (beats working for a living) you need to work on that. Politicians are nothing if not shifty.

Quote:
Incidentally, the issue of race was introduced from the very start of this thread, so I admit I was focusing just on that when I should have been saying all along that poor people of any race are being disenfranchised.
Ah ha!

Quote:
And as for your later post bringing up that I'm "your boy" who keeps bringing up race - well, I will when I see it as necessary.

I never said you were my boy.


I said the budgetary reason given was crap. Take it up with your pal, the governor of Wisconsin.
And sure, this "brave Republican said race wasn't a factor - but that voter suppression was the intent. Still, does that make any sort of voter suppression right? Incidentally, he said his party leadership didn't expect the people they were aiming to cheat out of a vote to actually stand in line for hours and hours at the limited number of polling places just to exercise their constitutional right - but they did.
And I'm not your boy?!?! Aw!
And by the way, pro-wrestling might be brainless fun, but it's brainless fun for people from all walks of life. And in their skits (which no one in their right minds believe is real), racism and homophobia are taken on and vilified, much to the adulation of the wrestling fans. Hardly sounds like the solidly conservative NASCAR fan base.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

01 Apr 2014, 11:17 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The reasons given for closing down those licensing offices was justified for budgetary reasons. Which is a bunch of crap, as offices in other districts weren't also shut down.
Too broad. Need rationale to qualify the budgetary reasoning.

Quote:
As for polling places being closed - it was another brave Republican in Florida who conceded after the fact that voter suppression was the intent, though he admittedly said race was not the issue.
Not that the testimony of one brave Florida republican is proof of anything, but you say he did admit that race was not the issue.

Quote:
As for whites being excluded from the vote - of course, the Republican establishment doesn't want poor whites voting, either.
Slowly shifting away from the racism stand. Not subtle enough since I caught it on the last one about the brave Florida republican. If you ever plan on going into politics (beats working for a living) you need to work on that. Politicians are nothing if not shifty.

Quote:
Incidentally, the issue of race was introduced from the very start of this thread, so I admit I was focusing just on that when I should have been saying all along that poor people of any race are being disenfranchised.
Ah ha!

Quote:
And as for your later post bringing up that I'm "your boy" who keeps bringing up race - well, I will when I see it as necessary.

I never said you were my boy.


Kraichgauer wrote:
I said the budgetary reason given was crap. Take it up with your pal, the governor of Wisconsin.

Crap isn't a reason.
Why are you so down on Wisconsin and Florida? I doubt you've been within 1000 miles of either. By your own admission, you've hardly been anywhere.

Quote:
And sure, this "brave Republican said race wasn't a factor - but that voter suppression was the intent. Still, does that make any sort of voter suppression right? Incidentally, he said his party leadership didn't expect the people they were aiming to cheat out of a vote to actually stand in line for hours and hours at the limited number of polling places just to exercise their constitutional right - but they did.

Voter suppression is not right.
Suppressing other rights isn't right, either.
I'm still waiting for convincing evidence of racism.

Quote:
And I'm not your boy?!?! Aw!

No, I believe I implied you were someone elses' boy.

Quote:
And by the way, pro-wrestling might be brainless fun, but it's brainless fun for people from all walks of life. And in their skits (which no one in their right minds believe is real), racism and homophobia are taken on and vilified, much to the adulation of the wrestling fans. Hardly sounds like the solidly conservative NASCAR fan base.

Are you implying that NASCAR is racist and excludes non-whites?
Btw; I'm not a NASCAR fan.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,780
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

01 Apr 2014, 7:47 pm

^^^
Er, no, I'm not implying NASCAR is racist, I'm just saying pro-wrestling - which also pretends to be a sport, but doesn't take itself nearly as seriously - attracts a wider variety of people who can appreciate skits that are down of racism and homophobia.
As for Florida and Wisconsin - no, I'm not down on them. Rather, I'm down on the right wing mob that has taken over the state governments there, and have enacted draconian laws against the poor. By the way, Scott Walker looks like a cross between the leader of the Heaven's Gate cult, and a carnivorous python - and medicare fraud that he is, he fits with the personality of both.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

01 Apr 2014, 8:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
Er, no, I'm not implying NASCAR is racist, I'm just saying pro-wrestling - which also pretends to be a sport, but doesn't take itself nearly as seriously - attracts a wider variety of people who can appreciate skits that are down of racism and homophobia.

"Racism and homophobia, racism and homophobia, racism and homophobia", the cheapest parrot can be taught to say that over and over. Is there anything else in your vocabulary?

Quote:
As for Florida and Wisconsin - no, I'm not down on them. Rather, I'm down on the right wing mob that has taken over the state governments there, and have enacted draconian laws against the poor. By the way, Scott Walker looks like a cross between the leader of the Heaven's Gate cult, and a carnivorous python - and medicare fraud that he is, he fits with the personality of both.
Between the two states, they had 39 electoral votes for the democrats in the 2012 elections to Washington's paltry 12 votes.
With numbers like that why do you care what goes on within the state lines, not that anything really does? You don't live there but you'll still benefit from the electoral votes they bring to the national elections.
What's that old saying about not looking a gift horse in the mouth? :shameonyou:


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,319
Location: Aux Arcs

01 Apr 2014, 8:33 pm

Let's not compare my sweet ball python to a politician,the snake only wants enough to survive,not get rich.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

01 Apr 2014, 8:42 pm

Where did anyone refer to ball pythons or snakes in general?
Ball pythons are sweet? I've never tried one but I've had fried rattlesnake, though. Not what I'd call sweet but still decent.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,319
Location: Aux Arcs

01 Apr 2014, 9:50 pm

Kraichgauer mentioned Scott Walker looks like a python.
I won't eat snake,like you won't eat dog,no matter how succulent it looks.
I watched a doc on dogs being served as food in Asia,I don't recommend you watch it.I don't see any difference between my dog or snake,both would prefer not to be eaten.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,780
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

01 Apr 2014, 9:58 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
Er, no, I'm not implying NASCAR is racist, I'm just saying pro-wrestling - which also pretends to be a sport, but doesn't take itself nearly as seriously - attracts a wider variety of people who can appreciate skits that are down of racism and homophobia.

"Racism and homophobia, racism and homophobia, racism and homophobia", the cheapest parrot can be taught to say that over and over. Is there anything else in your vocabulary?

Quote:
As for Florida and Wisconsin - no, I'm not down on them. Rather, I'm down on the right wing mob that has taken over the state governments there, and have enacted draconian laws against the poor. By the way, Scott Walker looks like a cross between the leader of the Heaven's Gate cult, and a carnivorous python - and medicare fraud that he is, he fits with the personality of both.
Between the two states, they had 39 electoral votes for the democrats in the 2012 elections to Washington's paltry 12 votes.
With numbers like that why do you care what goes on within the state lines, not that anything really does? You don't live there but you'll still benefit from the electoral votes they bring to the national elections.
What's that old saying about not looking a gift horse in the mouth? :shameonyou:


I care about what's going on in those states - and others - because my fellow citizens are given a raw deal because they lack monetary or political power.
And if I parrot homophobia and racism, the same thing can be said about you and gun rights.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

01 Apr 2014, 10:32 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer mentioned Scott Walker looks like a python.
I won't eat snake,like you won't eat dog,no matter how succulent it looks.
I watched a doc on dogs being served as food in Asia,I don't recommend you watch it.I don't see any difference between my dog or snake,both would prefer not to be eaten.

Dogs are domestic animals with a long history of human companionship, rattlers are neither.
I used to joke that I wanted to try using of my dog's legs and make schweinshaxe with sauerkraut out of it.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Last edited by Raptor on 01 Apr 2014, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.