Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

gobi
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Feb 2007, 11:53 pm

I registered a couple weeks ago under a different name, but it was too revealing. Instead, I re-registered as me, and not as my internet persona.

I'm 35 with a long list of obsessions. Most of my stimming requirements are under control (or at least out of the public eye). But, I've had good success in my professional life (I'm a defense analyst), and I've had quite successful relations with the opposite sex. I found out about AS a year ago and had one of those A-HA! moments, where everything seemed to be explained. The knowledge, however, seems to trigger some sporadic depression, and unlike most here, I find the idea of typing with strangers to be no less daunting than trying to talk to humans in the real world. So, I'm kind of screwed. But at least I'm trying, right? Right?

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2007, 12:03 am

Welcome to WP!

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2007, 12:09 am

Welcome! :o

YowlingCat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2007, 12:16 am

Hi! :D

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2007, 4:16 am

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Feb 2007, 5:38 am

Hi, Gobi! I have trouble typing with strangers as well -- social interaction of ANY kind stresses me terribly. In fact, I deleted my first introductory thread because I was so anxious. :) I rarely post on other boards, but I think I may have posted more here since I first joined a couple of weeks ago than I have on all other message boards combined.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2007, 6:28 am

Welcome...

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2007, 6:37 am

Welcome to WP sir! *bows to the new comer* I'm RedMage, resident Light Warrior.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2007, 9:02 am

Hi welcome!! :D

gobi wrote:
I find the idea of typing with strangers to be no less daunting than trying to talk to humans in the real world. So, I'm kind of screwed. But at least I'm trying, right? Right?
you can double and triple check what you post. I can't say the same thing about speaking with people. I think it gets easier the more you post.

:)

gobi
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2007, 10:50 am

Raph522 wrote:
gobi wrote:
I find the idea of typing with strangers to be no less daunting than trying to talk to humans in the real world. So, I'm kind of screwed. But at least I'm trying, right? Right?
you can double and triple check what you post. I can't say the same thing about speaking with people. I think it gets easier the more you post.

I've had a substantial presence on a number of different fora online over the years, and I've never gotten over it. I always revisit old posts and think, "did I come across the wrong way?" or "did my post make any sense?" I think that the only way I've been able to post confidently was when I've just come to grips with the notion that I'm either going to come across as either non-sensical, or as an ass. Which pretty much mirrors real life. It's tough, though, because I really desire some kind of interaction, but I'm proficient as being a "thread-killer."

kpupg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2007, 11:16 am

Hey gobi, welcome! I think a lot of people here know what you mean about 2nd-guessing yourself and thread-killing. Glad you joined. :D

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2007, 11:34 am

gobi wrote:
Raph522 wrote:
gobi wrote:

I've had a substantial presence on a number of different fora online over the years, and I've never gotten over it. I always revisit old posts and think, "did I come across the wrong way?" or "did my post make any sense?" I think that the only way I've been able to post confidently was when I've just come to grips with the notion that I'm either going to come across as either non-sensical, or as an ass. Which pretty much mirrors real life. It's tough, though, because I really desire some kind of interaction, but I'm proficient as being a "thread-killer."
yeah kpupg is right. i know what you mean about that :? . there are a lot of posts i'd redo in a different way. but so many people post on this site (and a lot of spam or "psot"s) i don't think too many people notice if a few of your posts don't make sense. anyway i hope you find it easier to post here (and you can edit your posts up until about 6 days after you post them[9999 minutes], just in case :wink: )

mariiha
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Feb 2007, 12:37 pm

Hello Gobi! Communication is such a sensitive thing to begin with. The plus thing about typing online is, at least for me, i don't have to verbally respond, which takes a huge load off my shoulders. Anyway, welcome back!

BTW i would not consider you to be a dino at the ripe young age of 35 :D ! Nope!

gobi
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2007, 12:47 pm

mariiha wrote:
BTW i would not consider you to be a dino at the ripe young age of 35 :D ! Nope!

People thought I was thirty when I was 18, so I guess that makes me 47. Or, 329 in dog-years.

Selo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2007, 12:54 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet!

mariiha
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Feb 2007, 1:21 pm

gobi wrote:
mariiha wrote:

People thought I was thirty when I was 18, so I guess that makes me 47. Or, 329 in dog-years.

U still a pup considering the age of the universe! :D
All is good! Gotta love it!