Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Sashiku
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Mar 2014, 8:20 am

This semester in college I wanted to take a more physical class. The reason being because my major is Digital media and I'm not as active as I'd like to be. I signed up for Kendo, but the instructor got hurt before classes begun, so the class was canceled. I had to quickly find another class to replace it with, so I chose yoga. it's not really painful anywhere except in my hands. I have really short chubby hands though. xD No idea why, I just do. So when I have to put them flat on the ground, there is lots of pressure and pain. Any way of getting past this? I am quite enjoying it so far, but I think I definitely want to take Kendo next semester, maybe yoga too if I can get through it.

MakaiGaro
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Mar 2014, 3:51 pm

With more practice, you'll learn to distribute your weight evenly with your fingers. Try some weight lifting gloves perhaps.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2014, 6:52 pm

The hands are largely controlled via tendons connecting to muscles in the forearms.

Doesn't take much to strain those tendons and muscles. Heat/ice and stretching will help. If you really do a number, be careful not to keep aggravating it until it has a chance to heal.

Sashiku

31 Mar 2014, 11:32 am

Thanks for the useful tips guys! ^^