Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you have a (sensory) problem with socks?
No problem with socks. I can wear them around the house. 42%  42%  [ 31 ]
Some problem. I only wear them when I need to wear shoes, or if it's very very cold. 38%  38%  [ 28 ]
I do not wear socks at all. I find them annoying, and wear shoes without socks, or wear sandals. 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Other (please comment) 18%  18%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 74

opal
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 12:33 am

I like socks, as long as they fit well but I dislike wearing socks or shoes when it is really hot. However I have really flat feet and dodgy ankles so I can't really go around barefoot anymore as I end up in pain.

Bodyles
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 3:21 pm

Omg I hate socks.
They itch & get stuff between my toes & fall down & itch & itch & f*****g itch!

I'm the 1%.
I wear my shoes without them, it's much more comfortable.

I only ever wear socks with full boots: skiing, rollerblading, and hiking.
Only because of cold & blisters though, and I take them off the second I can.
I also don't do those activities much more than once or twice every few years these days.

InTheDeepEnd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Mar 2014, 3:35 pm

It's interesting how many people say they had problems with toe seams when they were little. I had that too but I have gotten over it somehow. My mom used to have to put my shoes on and take them off several times while getting ready for school until we could finally get them on with the toe seams in the right place. Of course I notice some people are still bothered by this. Not sure how or when that finally stopped bothering me. Maybe sock manufacture got more sophisticated where toe seams are less prominent nowadays.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 8:37 am

Me like socks. :study:

grainxs
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Mar 2014, 11:52 am

When I was a kid socks were my biggest enemy. I couldn't stand their seams (around toes) or crinkles. But I learned to wear them.

I can't be without socks because my feet are so cold. But if I could I would wear socks only when wearing shoes.
I have kinda strict requirements of socks, too They need to be elastic and they have to conform to my feet nicely, yet without being too slinky. Socks need to be comfortably tight around the instep, but I still need a nice loose space around my toes. I can't stand the feeling of pressure in the tip of my toes caused by the socks! 8O Sadly though, there are really little socks for my needs. So I wear just regular socks and get frustrated by them every day: I pull them little bit off from the tip (so the end of the socks wouldn't touch the tip of my toes.) over and over and over again. AARGH!

Also, I can't stand too loose socks any better either. I hate it when socks can't stay up, or when they're rolling and getting all crinkled higgledy-piggledy all over my feet.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot one VERY important thing: Socks need to be dry and clean. I can chance socks like million times every day! Because I can't wear socks that has been wore too long, cause then they're too wet and fuggy already. I need my sock fresh, clean and dry!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 1:07 pm

Never give socks a second thought myself.

In fact: I rarely even give them a first thought!

Norepinephrine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Mar 2014, 2:05 pm

I only wear socks with shoes. Without them, they're just these slippery and sweaty cocoons for my feet. And I hate how they leave imprints in my ankles.

AmieLynn
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Mar 2014, 3:24 pm

It depends on the fabric. I hate the scratchy kind and loath putting them on and even just touching them with my hands. Shoes make it better though. However the socks I like are the fluffy kind which slip on very easily and are soft :)

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 4:29 pm

If I am awake, I am wearing socks. Have to be 100% cotton, formed as in bent not tube, and just below the calf in length. In bed no socks and usually one foot peaking out of the covers. Always been this way don't know why. Usually I have one arm out too and one covered no matter the temperature.

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 6:26 pm

I just hate socks with rough large seams across my toes. I can't stand seams digging in to my toes!

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 7:48 pm

I usually don't have a problem wearing socks but sometimes my feet get too hot in it feels extremely annoying so I have to take my socks off. I'm not able to sleep with my feet covered because of that unbearably annoying feeling of my feet being too hot. I have more of a problem with sleeping bags, than I do with socks.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 7:52 pm

I cannot cope with any 'normal' socks at all.

HOWEVER, I wear socks 100% of the time, even in bed :!: :!: :!:

I exclusively wear 'diabetic' socks because they are softer and not nearly as tight as 'normal' socks.

Try it, you may like it.

I cannot tolerate bare feet, for me it is the feeling of dust, hair, crumbs, stickiness......BLECH!! !! !

grainxs

30 Mar 2014, 8:26 am

By the way, bamboo is even better materian for socks than 100% cotton. It is so unbelievable soft! Love my bamboo socks! :heart: