Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

AutisticArmyVet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2014, 12:30 pm

Well, as usual, something I bought has become another useless paperweight unless someone here can help me out. I use my iPad to take notes at college, record voice-over demos, and have 15 or 16 chapters worth of a fanfic on it, and it locked me out. It originally did it because it needs an update. When I connected it to iTunes yesterday for the update it kept connecting, and disconnecting; and back again. Once It finally managed to begin the download, it got as far as 99% complete the thing stopped and made the disconnection sound. I tried restarting it, hard reset to factory settings, pretty much everything that I can think of, and nothing has worked. When I try to connect to iTunes to get the update so I can use it again it just gives me the "allow this iPad to connect to and sync with iTunes. If you do not you will not be able to manage or sync this iPad on this computer," message. I clicked allow and it said to get on my iPad and allow it to do so "respond on your iPad" or something like that. The thing is: I can't do that because it is at the "iPad disabled, please connect to iTunes" screen. It has been stuck there since yesterday. If there is a way that it can be reset to factory by me, or remotely, someone please tell me how to do that. i need this thing for school. A semester's worth of notes I need is on the thing. Sorry for the whining, but I am at my wit's end with this thing. I just put a new looping app on there and want to use that as well. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks all. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wind
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 12:37 pm

Book an appointment with your local Apple store and they'll help you with it for free. You really should have backed up though, because things like this happen a lot. I would check iTunes and see if it did a back up recently for you.

Empathy Quotient: 8
I have ASD, ADHD, Hypermobility Syndrome.

AutisticArmyVet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2014, 12:53 pm

I did check to see if it did a back up. I went under devices and looked for any sign of it being backed up and there was nadda. Closest Apple store to me is either in Joplin, or St. Louis, but I can always check. thx